• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FIL

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Am I being akward?

Everytime we go round to OH's mum and dads, his dad always trys to grab Ella straight of me and says give her here, give her here, give her to me so I sort of ignore him and hand her to his mum, becuase she never gets to hold her becuase of him.

Yesterday I said I want to give her a kiss and I was giving her a cuddle , and he said "give her here you've had her all day" :shock: :shock: :shock: so I said "yes becuase she's my daughter!!!!!"

grrrr then I jsut walked off and handed her to OH and sat with a face on me!!!!!!

Then he started being negatve about our holiday. were going to florida with my family and soon Daves hours may be cut down becuase there isnt enough work on. Anyway Daves dad said "oh you'll have to cancell the holiday you wont be able to afford it"

cheeky get how does he know what money we have or havent got, so I said actually I have plenty of money saved up! Then he started saying oh its going to be too hot at that time fo year!!!!! think he is jsut jelous or something

SORRY I just had to get that off my chest. Would you have been annoyed too?

men id just totally ignore him lol if he speks to ui start tlking to his mum or oh lol

Hmm :x that would have wound be up too. babies arent some trophy for people to fight over - you're her mum and you decide when she is ready to be handed over to others as you know her moods and signals best.

i hate it when someone takes alex from me then instantly walks away so he cant see me before he is happy with them. he freaks if its someone he doesnt know very well. my aunt did this at a party where the music was loud , flashing lights and loads of peeps . Al screamed his head off bless him :(

i think people forget that they are their own little people and dont always want to be passed about from pillar to post - sometimes they just want mummy or daddy!

x

hi hun no your not being nasty, i feel the same towards kris mum she drives me up the wall!!!
she has dior for the day every tuesday and when i go to pick her up she says things lik
"oh we had a lovely day didnt we? we played with the ball. i bet your mummy dont get on the floor and play with u does she??? :shock: :shock:

oh and weve been gardening dont u do gardening with her?

sorry but this is the woman thats been of work all her life for bad back???

drives me bloody potty

and when dior touchs some thing dirty i say "cacky"

and his mum turned round and said "oh i tell her "dirty"

so facking wot!!!!! shes mu daughty.

Dior was smashing stones at the window i turned around and said "bad girl" thats naughty
his mum said. "dont say bad girl to her!!!!!!!!!!!

urghhhhhhhhh
so ya not alone hun lol

glad i got that of my chest too :dance:

Wow dionne you must have the patience of a saint not to lay her out :evil:

must admit reading this makes me feel really lucky as Mil & fil are both great and really respectful of how we want to raise our boy. but if they werent it would be tough as relying on mil to help look after alex when i go back to work next week.

cant you teach dior to call ner meany granny or something :twisted: he he

x

Dionne I totally understand where your coming from, my mil keeps elling my OH what to do when baby is here, like put him in his own bed, get hime in a routine, i mean she hasn't had a baby in the family since my OH was born he's bloody 30 now how the hell would she know what's right and wrong for little one! :evil:

Oh she gets my back up soooo much, just trying to tell us how to bring our own son up. I just want to say sometimes ' you know what I don't care' but don't want to upset OH.

I think there should be a secluded island for all MIL & FIL that are interferring and put them on there! :lol:

That would be good.

And sorry for ranting.

lol an inlaw island that would be great! :lol:

Another thing he said was because Dave might be getting less hours that Ill have to work double shifts!

So I turned around and said "I am actually because Im keeping the job Iv got (working in a pub) and getting a new job"

ha blown out! It was like he was saying that I dont bring any money in or something.

Dionne I think I would have said something to your MIL. sometimes I think I should bite my tounge and smile but soem times I cant and look like this :twisted:

They must know Im P***ed off sometimes but still do the same thing!

they don't think about what there saying half the time, which gets me mad mad mad :evil:

I really have to hold my breath, especially with my patience at the moment I've got none.!!!!

Just try to imagine them not there, i try doing this blank them out for a few days or so and when they ring or call round I just go upstairs or stay out the way. it's harder at the mo, as they only live on the end of our road so it's like they watch our every move.

His mum will ring and say why was angie walking the other day or something, I just want to grab the phone and say because I have a mind of my own! :twisted: :twisted:

Very annoying I tell ya!

lol we can do what we want with OUR OWN babies! Last time they came round mine I stayed out the way, went upstairs and cleaned the bathroom, actually Ella was fast asleep upstairs yay :dance:

Well that worked out great then, I hope that little one will be sleeping most of time they come round :lol:
It sounds cruel but I've told everyone in my family and friends i don't want him to be picked up all the time as he will get used to it, and I included mil & fil which I keep reminding them frequently!!! :wink:

And i keep reminding them unless the ring first to see what me and OH are doing I wont be answering the door, I don't people to justdrop in whenever they feel like it! :shakehead:

i feel like a real moaner now!!! :oops:

My FIL is very similar, he will walk into our house, pick up Seren as much as he can and usually comments on what childcare we are choosing etc. However I just let it drift over my head now. He used to come round a bit too late and of course Seren would be really grouchy and scream because she was tired so now he comes round earlier as he wants to see her happy. I am just happy that my in laws take an interest. Yes they are our babies and we knopw what is best for them but in my case Seren is their first grandchild and they are completely besotted so I am pleased they want to see her as much as they want, especially as they are the only grandparents she has.

same here Ella is the 1st grandchild on both sides and they just get a bit excited when they see her.

Angie i know where your coming from i said the same thing when ella was little and it paid off because now she settles on her own.

i didn't want to say it because i was being nasty, I just want to do things our way. :roll:

I want him to settle on his own too, I hope it works being strict on everyone. :pray:

My MIL is the same only seen Abi once when she was 15 weeks old then posted stuff on Oh blog saying Abi spoke for her and now i was gonna teletubby talk to her WTF as if i don't talk to her she's my bleeding daughter for christ sake grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dionne your mil is way out of order you should say to her you spend all day playing on the floor with her and she's your daughter you will use what words you want with her.

Lauz my exs dad was like your fil i bought a lamp once (cost me 4 quid) he had a go at me telling me we couldn't afford it, when we had hols we had to lie and say we booked it last min for 100 quid (sorry no pound sign :doh: ) he's the main reason we split up we were due to get married too :? just couldn't cope with his dad

You lot have fightened theh life outta me :shock: :shock: :shock:

When we told my DF mum that we were TTC, she said to me that she would have the baby at the weekends and that if i rang every few minutes that she just wouldnt answer the fone :shock: :shock:

I thought she was winding me up!!

OMG she aint having my baby at weekends :shock: :shock:

Its both your time with the baby then, some IL don't think do they. OH Parents aint that bad, other then his mum pops round when ever she wants mostly wednesday and spends hours at mine, and wants to hold kacy the whole time, i took kacy off her once and she said "Oh i'm Sorry" kacy was tried and wanted to be left alone, We don't want to be touch or held or the time and thats the same with babies.

After reading all this i feel quite lucky with my mil an fil. i do have my moans about them, but they are lovely.
In fact my mil is payin my next account off today cos ive ordeded to much stuff without OH knowin :shhh: lol dont ask!!! :angel:
Anyway i agree with u all if i was in that position ide be the same i wouldnt be able to keep my mouth shut!

My mil and fil are both alright really it's my stupid sil who I cannot stand. I've never hated someone so much in my life! She is so spiteful all the time! She has severe mental problems which means she should be locked away really but they just leave her to it. My husband has another son from his ex who he doesn't see and hasn't seen for about 3 years now, my sil keeps making up lies saying that she has seen his son and his ex and that she wants her son to see his daddy and loads of other crap. She hasn't seen her at all but likes to try and cause trouble between me and my husband and that is the only way she knows how. My bil in has found out that his girlfriend is pregnant and now my sil is telling him that she has rights over his baby when it's born. I don't let her see my son because I don't trust her and she's tried to OD twice now which isn't the kinda thing I want my son knowing about from a young age. My bil has told her he doesn't want her near his baby when it's born either and she's bullying him saying she has rights which is bloody crap! She actually makes my blood boil! She constantly phones my husband to tell him that she has another illness, she's been poisoned and all sorts according to her! My mil has the same doctor has my sil and even asked him once about an illness she reckoned she had and he said it was crap! She's a drain on the nhs and the benefit system! All my stress levels rise when I even hear her name, I can't take much more of her to be honest! If my husband wasn't my soul mate I would have walked a long time ago because she's always there and he doesn't stop her because I think he doesn't want her ODing again and feeling guilty if she does but I have lost all patience and just tell her what I think now. At the end of the day I'll protect my son and if it means causing an arguement with her then so be it. Luckily my husband backs me all the way!

Sorry for the long one but I feel loads better :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back