Ffs, storing breastmilk

TORino

Reaction score
Why is it that every container I use to store my breastmilk seems to leak or get knocked over?

OH knocked a bottle over while putting the shopping away last night and it has gone all over the fridge.

A wave of milk splashed over me this morning when I opened the fridge.

I'm sick of it getting wasted!!!

Rubbish!! For the pitiful two weeks I was express feeding I remember feeling like this! It's all the blood sweat and tears that go into getting it!!

I seem to have accidents with it all the time.

:(

It is definately allowed to cry over spilt milk!!

I've been using those storage bags that have a double zip lock thing on to stop spillages. Or putting the bottle right out if the way of hubby!!

i use ziploc storage bags that i got from boots tho ive pretty much given up expressing now lol. my freezer stockpile is just sat there and i never use it cos i never wanna be away from baby and i cba pumping repeatedly to get just the 1 feed. i could post em to ya tor? ive got loads left and really wont use em for anything else either

Last edited:
O how annoying! I feel devastated seeing my milk spilling! It's hard work to get it out
Also glad you said thy bevy cos I wa getting frustrated that it would take forever to get enough for one feed, I don't wanna leave baba anyway, I'm lucky I'm fine and getting good at bf absolutely anywhere, even at bus stop, then walked onto bus feeding hehe!

lol kay, just pump when u can and then date n freeze, you can mix batches when you defrost it and store in the freezer for months. i use formula too so i dont see the point in bothering anymore but if i did ebf id have a lil stockpile in the freezer in case of emergency or in case i ever had to go anywhere without her. hell i do still have my stockpile but i just doubt it will be used, i even froze the lil bits i got out lol. anything 1oz or over is worth freezing

I remember being Sooo careful when I would transfer bm to storage bags or into bottle coz it was such a hassle to pump it! It never came easy to me! I think I got my storage bags from Tesco, 40 for around 4-5quid I think! They r double seal and never leaked for me. I used to freeze even the smallest amount and then do the math to add up enough bits of ebm to make a feed! Lol!
Hope u don't lose anymore hun! Highly frustrating! X

The cup I was expressing in fell off the pump while I was i doing it once, all over the floor - the dog thought she'd died and gone to heaven, LOL!

I use lansinoh bags, I only pump 2oz at a time and freeze them flat so they defrost quickly.

The cup I was expressing in fell off the pump while I was i doing it once, all over the floor - the dog thought she'd died and gone to heaven, LOL!

pmsl!! Bet the dogs been looking longingly at u ever since! :lol:

They do cheap little drinks fridges hun, maybe worth investing to save you the trauma of burying your OH under the patio lol

I got storage bags in b&m home bargains. Really cheap and they have a double ziploc.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back