• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

festive food gift recipes?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
anyone else got any... im really stuck i want to make my neighbours a nice goooy calorific treat... but i want to do something ive never done before.. i know they are massive chocolate lovers... plus i would like to bag up some other goodies for the family?

What about a chocolate steamed sponge pudding????

I make rum truffles every year - I will type it up later when I get a chance if you want. they are YUMMY!!!!!!! mmmm.......

oh yes please! im already thinking of truffles and choc covered whatzzits nuts n that for bagging up.. mmmm.. i might give sarah h's fudge a go to :D oooooh xmas!! :D

brilliant ta.. im so into hand made stuff this year.. scrimping my pennys lol...

whats tablet? im gonna steal sarah h's recipe for fudge.. :D

tablet is food blessed by the gods, so creamy and full of sugar - I looooove it. My gran always made us it, I am amazed we have teeth left but it tasted so gooood

going to look up a recipe.. curiosity killed the cat lol...

I'm happy to be a guinea pig. I'm thoughtful like that :)

lol.. i will post you some i dont mind.. hope i dont poison you :S cant wait to be off.. omg.. this diets killing me now im fantasising about eatting sticky gooooey choc puds.. n truffles.. and fudge and choc covered treat.. DROOOOLLL!!!!!!!!

tablet is actually fat free

ok I might be lying about that but we can pretend :shhh:

lol.. i would have bought that if you didnt tell me you were lieing lol....cant wait to get started now... only thing is am i gonna be able to not lick the bowl?

beanie said:
tablet is actually fat free

ok I might be lying about that but we can pretend :shhh:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I keep using the excuse Im booby feeding so need my fat intake... :rotfl: Sadly won't last forever... Didn't SarahH recipe call for a jam thermometer or something.. That just scares me out the kitchen... I burn water. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry its taken so long - here is the recipe we use in our family for YEARS for rum truffles. For obvious reasons i can't have any this year though :( really quite gutted!! its the taste of christmas in a ball for me!!

3 1/2 oz - Plain Chocolate
2 oz - Butter
2 tsp Rum flavouring (not sure why rum wouldn't work though :think: ?)
3 egg yokes
4 oz ground almonds
8 oz icing sugar
chocolate hundreds and thousands to coat them in.

1 - melt chocolate and butter together
2 - Stur in rum and egg yokes
3 - Mix in almonds.
4 - mix in sugar, bit by bit. This take ages and it tends to be when i get OH to help me! lol
5 - roll into balls and coat in chocolate bits. Put in fridge.

ooo!! i so want to make a batch now :(

We currently have a practice batch of fudge in our fridge, and ive got a coffee one on the go (Well the sugar and milk is soaking on the side for the two hours the receipe we are using says).

The batch we have made seems to still be a little bit soft - do you think we just didn't boil it for long enough :think:

ohhhhhhhhhhh yum yum.. im just thinking after this post.. you can get loads of different flavorings now.. strawberry, orange.. almond.. i might make up some with these :d mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back