Fern Britton reveals she was sexually attacked

SarahH

Reaction score
Poor Fern :(

TV presenter Fern Britton has told how she was subjected to a terrifying sex attack as a young woman.
The 51-year-old host of ITV1's This Morning revealed she was was raped soon after her 21st birthday when she was living in Cambridge.

The harrowing ordeal is described in her memoir, My Life by Fern Britton, to be published next month.

The mother-of-four said she had been approached by the owner of two lost dogs after she handed the puppies in to a police station.

The man had asked police for her phone number. Britton said she later received a call from the owner, who invited her to join him for an evening with the sports team he coached.

She said: "They turned up in a minibus and we all trooped off to this slightly cheesy place and there was a glass of wine, chicken and chips, music and a bit of a dance-floor."

Soon afterwards the man phoned to ask Britton if she would have dinner with him and arranged to pick her up at her flat.

read that in the paper, u would never think it would u? :( :(

The man had asked police for her phone number.

Thats awful! However I thought it was against the data protection act to give out details???????! If I was her I'd bloody sue the police!!!

P.s MummyKay looking hot in ur avy!!

Steelgoddess said:

Thats awful! However I thought it was against the data protection act to give out details???????! If I was her I'd bloody sue the police!!!

i second this! both sentiments!

trixipaws said:
Steelgoddess said:

i second this! both sentiments!

30 years ago you were not protected by DPA it only came into effect in about 1998/9 IIRC

Very sad story but then far too many women suffer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back