Female Doctors Advise

sclingham

Reaction score
Just thought I would share this with the Forum. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 long years witout sucess. After a year I went to see a Doctor (male) at my surgery and basically he just said it takes a while and 'just keep practicing'.
Went to the nurse last week to update the inections adn I thought I would mention to her that it was now 2 years and still nothing. She advise that I make an appointment with one of the female doctors as might be they would understand from a a womens point of view.
Had my appointment yesterday and wow what a difference!!! She advised that after six months of trying you are eligable to be referred to the fertility clinic. However, she is delaying my referral for a few weeks as she would like to do some blood tests to test: progesterone levels, thyroid function, full blood count, cholesterol I think I have listed them all.
The blood test needs to be carried out on day 21 of my cycle which will be the 27th March.
Fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.
Is there anyone out there who have already been referred??

Hi :wave: , I was referred last October, I have only been TTC since May but I didn't have a period. I had bloods done etc. and had a scan of my ovaries. I think I got PCOS, the scan showed my ovaries were fine and normal, but the bloods showed I probably did have it :? . But anyway, I'm now on my second month of clomid . Are you regular? Oh and OH had to have a semen analysis done too. Good luck :hug:

That's good news for you :D I'm glad your doctor was so helpful - it's much better than being told to just keep practising :D

Good luck with the tests :hug:

I went through fertility treatment , which did find some probs but in the end I had one cycle of IUI had a month where I couldn't have it and concieved naturally after 4 years of trying.

The whole process is very frustrating as you move from one waiting list to the next but well worth it...At least you know what you are dealing with.

wishing you luck.

if you need to know anything feel free to pm me.

Thanx for all the replys
Fingers crossed - keep me posted. Clomid apparently is one of teh most commonly used fertility drug. Will be great to see it works for you. Good luck. So far I have been fairly regular give or take a day or two.
Cloud9 - wow pregnant after 4 years. I bet you were over the moon when it finally happened then. I just don't want it to get to technical if you know what I mean so I am hoping for an easy solution (which probably won't happen)
It is really hard as my husband has a son from a previous relationship and so thinks there is nothing wrong with him. He has been really supportive to me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back