feeling Weird...

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Morning All,

The last 2 evenings when I have been cooking tea & washing up, I get this weird unwell feeling. Its hard to describe but, it's kind of like I have been stood too long and the bottom of my back aches, a dull ache in my stomach (not low down) more like an acidic ready to vom ache) and dizziness to accompany it. All symptoms go away as soon as I sit down but when I stand back up, a couple of mins later, It happens again?

Any other Tri oners getting this dodgy experience or is it just me being strange haha x

:roll:

Hi, yeah I had this a lot and still get it occasionally now. I even had a 'funny turn' in Mothercare where I just went really dizzy and sweaty from standing up too long it was so embarrassing! X

Hi, yeah I had this a lot and still get it occasionally now. I even had a 'funny turn' in Mothercare where I just went really dizzy and sweaty from standing up too long it was so embarrassing! X
Thanks! Not just me then.
I know with first baby I got a hot flush when i was queuing in a shop. I started to burn up & feel so sick I had to drop my shopping, leg it outside & take off my coat whilst I stood out in the rain lol..... These ones are weird though, they're like a weird ache thats not really painful but so uncomfortable and make me feel sick & dizzy x

Maybe mention in to your MW just to be on the safe side x

Yea I will do thanks. I get the occasional palpitation too so wondering if it's my iron levels. I had bloods done last week but will only get results of that on the day of my scan 19th x

Yes I had this on and off with my DD up until about 15 weeks. I would get patches where if I had been stood up then I would go hot and funny and start to feel dizzy and see spots in front of my eyes and that I would have to sit down. Never knew what caused it but it did pass.

I have a heart condition which makes me feel very similar when standing and not pregnant! For me it's a lot to do with a drop in blood pressure...my consultant explained that in pregnancy you get higher blood volume and the blood vessels widen for the extra blood. But in turn your blood pressure can drop and you can get palpitations as your heart works harder to pump the blood around :) i'd mention it to your midwife or even pop into your GP just to be on the safe side. But sounds a lot like blood pressure if sitting resolves the symptoms :) xxx

Thanks Sharcaz. I ended up looking it up on nhs direct and that also said it could be low blood pressure. Symptoms sound very similar. I had my blood pressure taken about 3 weeks ago and it was fine then but I'm not due to see MW until June now. My next appt will just be my scan and combined screening test. Maybe I could ask them to check BP when I'm there in a couple of weeks. I don't feel greatly unwell unless I'm standing up for more than 5 mins say..... Perfect excuse to keep sat! Xx

The problem.with blood pressure is it never seems to happen when you need it to! Like if you go to GP and ask them to take it...it'll be fine ;) sod's law! Just be wary of it as it can cause fainting which you certainly don't want while pregnant, or any time! But do nip to drs of you get worse :) you can get a BP monitor for around £10...mines very handy! And it'll confirm if that's what it is when you feel unwell :) take care and take it easy!!! xxx

The problem.with blood pressure is it never seems to happen when you need it to! Like if you go to GP and ask them to take it...it'll be fine ;) sod's law! Just be wary of it as it can cause fainting which you certainly don't want while pregnant, or any time! But do nip to drs of you get worse :) you can get a BP monitor for around £10...mines very handy! And it'll confirm if that's what it is when you feel unwell :) take care and take it easy!!! xxx
Haha typical! Like anything.... That's not a bad idea you know. Off to Have a browse of Amazon I go. Thanks xx

You can help keep your blood volume up by making sure you are drinking plenty of water.

I had a few episodes like this. And once while I was getting my nails done. Was satbdown for a good half hour, and felt like I was going to pass out. I used to have similar feelings before getting pregnant too, and a good bit of sugar and a glass of water usually madenit better!

I have a neurovascular condition called POTS that makes me feel like that - I'm not suggesting you have it but just empathising with how yucky it feels x

You can help keep your blood volume up by making sure you are drinking plenty of water.

I had a few episodes like this. And once while I was getting my nails done. Was satbdown for a good half hour, and felt like I was going to pass out. I used to have similar feelings before getting pregnant too, and a good bit of sugar and a glass of water usually madenit better!
I probably haven't been drinking enough water actually. That's my task for today! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back