Feeling really poorly, what to do!

Lisaberry

Reaction score
Hi

I am 12 weeks today and so full of cold I am feeling very sorry for myself!
I have been coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose constantly for 2 days and I am really fed up.....would kill for a lemsip but have had to make do with nothing more than a tissue!

My tum has been a bit sore sometimes after a nasty coughing fit and I am worried I am going to do some damage....do you think it is possible?

Also, anyone have any good pg friendly cold cures?

I will never take over the counter medicine for granted again!!!!!!

I don't know about cold cures, I'd ask the doc or pharmacist. As for the sore tummy, I wouldn't worry too much. I pulled some ab muscles LAUGHING the other day, everything loosens up even in early pregnancy so you're unlikely to have done any damage...Although I'm sure it hurts :(

Feel better soon :hug:

Its sounds like a day in your PJ's in a dresssing gown watching living all day.

Lots of love and get well soon. X

Hot lemon with honey is always good, at least you can pretend it's lemsip! And it should be quite soothing. Don't worry you won't damage anything x

When I was in this boat last time, the only thing I can remember being able to take was the max strength Lockets (the normal ones don't do anything). You can also take paracetamol which will help a bit.

I also seem to remember when I phoned the pharmacist that I was told I could take a Piriton which helps with decongestant.... though please check that as it might have been while I was BF which you are still quite restricted in what you can take but not as badly restricted if you know what I mean.

My sister in law is a pharmacist, (sp sorry and to make it a little worse I'm a teacher) I'll ask her about what we can take while ill.

Thanks all!

As I only work 3 days a week due to job sharing with another girl I have made the stupid decision to come into work today.
I feel pooh and even a rather large slice of choc orange cake with choc custard is not making me feel any better.

I always thought you couldn't even take paracetemol? Sure my midwife said last time that while the bun was only part baked not to take anything??

Really hope I feel better tomorrow...work is one thing but looking after a rather active toddler when you feel poorly is really difficult!!!

Lisaberry said:
while the bun was only part baked

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love it :rotfl: :rotfl:

But seriously, you can take paracetamol, specially now you're past 12 weeks. As low a dose as possible but it's fine to take.

Splashmonkey, if I wasn't so full of cold I would kiss you! I'd settle for a lick of a paracetemol right now!

Euuggghh you obviously haven't tasted one lately :lol: have they ever MADE a more disgusting medicine?! I miss my ibuprofen...

Aw, I feel your pain i really do, I have the flu when 6 weeks and couple with the awful morning sickess it was not fun. My doc said that I could take paracetmol for the cold, 500mg tablets, just try taking one (with food) and see how you get on.

Hope you feel better soon....just keep thinking scan, it's the only thing thats keeping me going this week!!

How strange that some people have been told to limit the amount of paracetamol they take... my doctor said it is absolutely fine, up to the maximum daily dose of 8 tablets in 24 hours.

it seems everyone gets different advice!

Yeah it is weird all the different advice. When my friend was pg and she was ill she went to the doctor and asked if she could take some. He asked if her leg was hanging off. She said no and so he then replied that she was therefore fine and didn't need any drugs.

Hmmmm, typical man. Bet when he gets ill he still cries like a baby!

When I went to the hospital yesterday that gave me paracetamol and when that didn't do any good they gave me codine. They gave me some to take at home as well but I haven't taken them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back