• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling guilty

cobwebs_85

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Its beena good day today, i've landed a job!! YAY!! but......i havent mentioned that i'm pregnant! its a temp job for 3 months, so i thought but got told it was 3 months to a view to make perm! so now am worried, do i need to tell them straight away? i'm abit worried, i wanna work cause i want b able to provide for my little spud n help OH with the bills so dont want to mess it up!

Suppose i could get away with it for abit as i'm still not showing and it being winter i will be wearing big jumpers!

Whats ur advice girls, much appreciated x

you dont have to tell til 25 weeks an they cant get rid of you sooner than 3 months anyway lol

I don't think you have to tell any company you are pregnant until you are 25 weeks. I'm not sure if you will be entitled to SMP though as you won't have been there long enough? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. At the end of the day, you thought it was temp for 3 months. If they like you then they may keep you on regardless of your pregnancy. If you have accepted the job and then you tell them and they decline the job offer then that is discrimination. Hope this helps?xx

Thanks girls!

I dont know if the 25 weeks things stands with temp work, will wait till i get my contract through and see what it says, but llike you said lulabell i'll just play the "but i thought it was only for 3 months" card, its only office work (well call centre but every penny counts atm!) so its not like i'll be lifting anything heavy, well its not in the job description! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back