Feeling Faint

abcd1234

Reaction score
recently i've been feeling faint and a little sick, when sat down! now i expected to feel wierd when stood up for ages, and if i stand still i do feel the same, but when i'm sat up straight, like watching tv, eating dinner or at uni i start feeling really faint and sick anyonw got any ideas what would cause this?? It's happening now whilst i'm typing this.
I also keep getting what i assume is cramp in my right leg, i stretch in the night and point my toes to tense calves, in my left its normal but it always hurts a little in my right and usually i feel this and dont stretch properly, but with doing it in my slepp sometimes i cant helpit and if i stretch it full it kinda cramps up and is SO painful, i was rolling aroud the bed in agony thursday morning and i even let out a little scream of pain, then my leg hurts for days afterwards, im limping today :( if this had happened jsut once it wouldnt bother me but it's been happeneing for weeks. Starting to get me down cos i cant wear heals or walk properly during it

I'd guess low blood pressue to be the cause of the faint feeling. I get it quite often and I can be sitting down and still feel faint. The best thing to do is to elevate your feet above your head and rest but i know that's not always easy!
My bp is around 100/54 do you know what yours is normally or has been?

As for cramp, another pregnancy joy! They say the potassium in bananas can help and that when cramp sets in to pull your toes forward. It hurts a lot doesn't it! And yeh it normally leaves me limping the next day. xxxx

Hi I would recommend you take a trip to your GP and explain how you've been feeling. I'm signed off work due to fainting, it was happening everywhere, and like you not just when I overdid it or stood to long.

Even though my blood pressure's been low GP took bloods which came back to say I'm anaemic. I've got no energy, look pale, and started feeling really sick again when I'd been fine since about 14 weeks. Been started on iron tablets and still waiting on an improvement...

If its a while til your next MW appt I'd see your GP just to get checked out.

thanx, i've booked an appointment for monday so hopefully if it is anything i'll soon know about it. thankx fo the advice, its nice to know i'm not alone, looks like another perk of pregnancy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back