Feeling Down Now

Flossy82

Reaction score
I have been chatting to my old next door neighbour and mentioned our good news and she has planted doubts in my mind about me even being Pg she told me to be careful and these tests could be wrong and i may still come on just when i was happy now she put these doubts in my mind :(

i shouldnt worry hun, dont let her spoil it for u

why not go to your Doctors, explain to them and then if Doctor feels it necessary they can do a test either urine or blood!

hi hun, im so sorry she has made you feel like this. there is a very rare chance of having a false positive hun. i also didnt believe my positives until i went to the docs ( i did 5) have you tried a variety of different test or stuck to same ones. if you have got positives with different tests then it is very likely they are right hun. some are unreliable but the positive shows up different to how it says it shud on the leaflet. try not to worry hun. hth xxxxx

When you say 'old' how old is your neighbour? As these tests we buy are as accurate as the ones the doctors use nowdays and things have moved along :hug: My doctor didn't even test me as he said if I have had positives then they are pretty much spot on.

Don't let her get you down, enjoy your good news and get on with all the excitment :hug:

She moved away from me earlier on in the year i have taken another e-bay cheapie and its definately positive but the second line is getting a little stronger but still faint but definately there though il post it for you to see.

Picture012.jpg

Awww of course your pregnant. My Dad said something similar to me when I first found out I was expecting and here I am as fat as ever!

oh huni.. its definatly a positive, please dont worry and let people get doubts in your mind that shouldnt be there... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I thought it was impossible for tests to say Positive when youre not unless you've just miscarried????

That's the same tests they sell in my local poundshop - 3 tests in it for £1. I got my first, faint positive on those little sticks and bought a clearblue digital just to confirm, as that can be used up to 4 days before AF is due.

And do you know what - those poundshop sticks were showing that faint positive about 5 days early, going by my 9 week scan - so they must be good! But perhaps get yourself a clearblue digital as a back-up, if you're in any doubt.

As for the "false positives" - it's more a case that today's tests are so sensitive and can detect HcG so early on, even before your period would have been due, that very early miscarriages happen around the time women expected their period and are just like a period, so the woman sometimes assumes the test was wrong, not that she's actually having an early m/c.

The "danger" in testing positive (and knowing you are pregnant) so early these days, is that you will also be aware if you have an early m/c, which is upsetting. In the past, people were blissfully unaware and thought it was a normal period. This is perhaps what your neighbour is trying to warn you about: she probably isn't trying to "rain on your parade", she's maybe trying to stop you getting too excited (impossible though!) and then hurt if you have an early m/c.

M/C is what we all worry about in the first 13 weeks. It's such a fraught time, the early weeks, but also so exciting! Like the rest of us, you'll just have to impatiently count down the days till you get past 13 weeks.

Congratulations!!! :clap:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back