Feeling awful

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
I shouted at Amber last night :oops: She hasn't been very well the past few days (although seems loads better today) and has been really unsettled. We had a really bad night with her, she just cried and cried. She'd have some of her bottle and then fall asleep, I'd put her down and then an hour later she would wake up for the rest and scream the place down, this went on all night and I ended up shouting at her and then going downstairs and leaving OH to deal with her. I feel terrible and like I'm the worlds worst mum ever. I'm so tired all the time at the moment, I've had 3 nights in a row where I've been up pretty much the whole night with her and then in the day I have other things to do so can't really catch up. But that is no excuse for me shouting at her, I'm so horrible :( Its really shocked me with the way I reacted and I'm feeling awful, I've been watching her sleep (she has finally settled) and wondering how an earth I could react that way to the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm sorry if this is being dramatic and theres not really any purpose to this thread but right now I feel like a really bad mum :cry: :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: awww hun please dont feel bad!!! sleep deprivation is the worst thing in the world!! most people lose their temper at one time or another, i know i have :oops: .
stuff the other things you need to do and get some :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You're not the first to shout at baby out of sleep deprivation and frustration hun, many of us have been where you are now. Try your best to nap when baby naps and I promise it does get easier in time :hug: :hug:

Aww hun, you aren't a bad Mum at all :hug: :hug: Screaming babies are so difficult to deal with and sleep deprivation can make you act so out of character :hug:

You did the right thing by leaving her with your OH to deal with for a bit. Definitely try sleeping when Amber does, sod the housework and cancel all visitors and appointments if you can for a few days. If people insist on coming round get them to do housework and look after Amber so you can nap.

I hope your little girl feels better soon :hug: And lets you get some sleep :hug:

i've lost count of the number of times i've told Logan to shut up (and not in a nice way).

Sandi

:hug: Dont feel bad we have all been there, you did teh right thing leaving your OH to see to baby while you detached yourself from teh situation for a while.

Remember sleep deprivation is a form of torture and not a lot of us cope with crying babies and no sleep :hug:

Been there, done that. Feel crap afterwards but it's normal. Don't feel bad. It's just tiredness and frustration. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: we're all the same. i spent a good bit of the morning feeling frustrated with josh's constant crying and shouted at him. then when DH came home i spent the rest of the evening shouting at him :lol: :lol:
we all get frustrated, shout, feel guilty, get a smile out of our LO, melt inside and then it starts all over again

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sleep, whenever, wherever :hug: :hug: :hug:
FORGET everything else, enjoying your baby fully requires sleep, I learnt that the hard way, you're certainly not a bad Mummy, you're just tired and worried about her, honestly get some rest, you will feel much better able to deal with the crying then, the crying would try anyone who's slept, let alone sleep deprived. Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back