• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

feeling awful after d and c

bex

Reaction score
I was hoping for some advice on when things will settle down for me after a d and c. I found out pregnancy had failed at 5 weeks 6 days, then had to wait 14 days for a second scan to confirm the pregnancy had failed. This was confirmed and after a long chat with the doctor I asked if I could wait a while longer as I was hoping for a natural miscarriage rather than a d and c. (I was terrified of this procedure). They let me wait another 10 days and things started to happen for me on Tuesday. But by Wednesday I was having what felt like full on contractions (I had no idea it could be this painful, not sure what I was expecting), we went straight to hospital where it was confirmed I was miscarrying. I also had no idea that I would lose as much blood as I did. I had codein which didn't touch the pain and after a few more hours and some persuading from the doctors I opted to be put on the list for a d and c. I was given pethadein which really helper control the pain but made me feel very weird! Had the d and c and am now back home. I was really expecting to feel better by today but I actually feel worse than yesterday. I feel so tired and just have no energy. I feel almost like I have the flu or something. I desparately want to get up and be able to play with my little boy again but just don't seem to be able to make myself. Can anyone tell me if it's normal to feel this bad and when I can expect to feel normal again? Sorry for long post but didn't know where else to turn and really don't want to have to go back to the hospital for advice.

Thanks. x

:hug: firstly, i am sorry for your loss :cry:

I know i was left feeling totally exhausted after miscarriage...and i always need iron tablets to help build up my bloods and give me more energy.... Have you been given any? or been advised by hospital?

I know i needed lots of rest for the first few days but... hard when you have another child to think about.... but if you can rest you'll get better quicker.

if you continue to feel so very tired it feels like flu, call your GP for a home visit, get him/her to give you a quick check up..

try to eat a higher iron diet too, and drink lots of fresh water. I hope you feel better soon,
Lv Yvonne xx :hug: :hug:

ah hun, :hug: :hug:

Im sorry your feeling like this but it is quite normal hun, i felt quite rough for a few days when i had it done and like you i had no energy as well as the emotional side of things.

It will get better soon hun, i know you just feel rough but rest and relax your body has been through enough now you need to start to regain your energy.

Im here if you wanna chat hun :hug: :hug:

Sorry for your loss hun & that you have had a bad time of things. Thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies. I had wondered about getting some iron tablets after losing so much blood. I could cope with all this if it wasn't for this tired/heavy feeling I have. The doctors didn't mention taking anything but to be honest they didn't really say anything other than to look out for signs of infection. I guess the iron tablets can't hurt? Anything is worth a try right now!

thanks. x

Hi Bex, I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a D and C yesterday as well. I actually feel ok today, just lots of cramps and of course the emotional pain. They told me to call my GP or come to the A&E if the cramping gets really bad or if I have any clots. Take care of yourself. I hope you start feeling better soon. :hug:

i dont think there is a problem with taking iron tablets after, i did as iv always taken them and no one said i couldnt.

Hope your ok hun and resting :hug: :hug:

I'm in the same position. Had a d + c (which they botched a bit so it took longer for bleeding to stop.)

Didn't really feel it at home, but this week I was on holiday in Cornwall. I couldn't go for most of the lovely walks I'd planned in the scenery. After about a mile I was knackered! So had no desire for any of the nice strolls I'd planned.

I'm starting to take the iron tablets and also want to start going swimming now the bleeding's stopped, because it's a gentle form of exercise that should help get me back on my feet.

But this is almost 4 weeks after the op, if you've just had the op I would just accept you need to rest.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back