Feeling anxious and scared :-s

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hi girlies!

I know that no one can give me any guarantees but I am so scared about losing my little bubba!! I'm only 6+6 and still have ages til first scan. I know I can't live on 'what if's' but so many girls on here seem to be having probs I keep thinking 'it'll be me next'. It's wrong I know, but it's my first baby and I don't know what to expect :roll:
I have had some cramping in my tummy and I know that's normal but can't help but worry at other twinges that don't seem to be cramps! I haven't had any bleeding which is clearly a good thing but I keep thinking I'll get to my scan and baby wont have a heart beat or summin :shock:
Any words of wisdom? I don't wann drive myself mad with worry!!

its normal to worry but u honestly need to relax as stress can cause probmlems too, ive had two m/c so i know what its like to worry,so many women loose them at an early stage but then again millions dont.

if there is no severe cramping and bright red blood u dont need to stress. u will feel lots of strange things and this is just ur body, muscles and uterus stretching to make way for a big bump inside u

It's made me worry reading some of the posts on here, makes you paranoid doesnt it. This is my second child a it didn't even cross my mind things could go wrong when I was pregnant with her yet this time I worry a lot more, whether it's because I'm now 15 years older or that there is just too much information now to make you stress. I've been thinking about stopping reading stuff for now and just trying to relax especially as I'm fit and healthy and don't have any dodgy symptoms to worry about. Maybe we should try reading good things, I just brought Denise van Outens new pregnancy book which i can't put down, it's uplifting and honest with good tips and advice. Maybe reading more of the posts in the other trimesters or pregnancy chat might give some more happy posts and scan pictures and looking at all the successful pregnancies that are happening could make you feel more positive. X

hey mum2be410, you sound exactly like me! its hell no knowing for certain and as its our first baby with no previous problems they don't offer any reassurance scans. all i can say is be patient, try and keep yourself as busy as possible without getting too tired so that you don't have time to stress too hard. If you really are finding it hard to wait you can maybe try and book in for a private scan, don't think they are that expensive. just try not to get one too early as sometimes you can't see that much and wouldn't want to give you something else to worry about! lol.

And try and stay away from Google :p

Thanks ladies, all really sound advice! I think I need to try and focus on positives more like you say. I have thought that the stressing doesn't do me any good and my OH wants me to stop worrying but it's easier said than done- I am a natural worrier and it runs in my family!! Don't feel like I can let myself be happy until I know bean is ok in there.......but I guess coz I haven't had any bleeding it should be ok.
I think once I get my scan date it will give me something to focus on and the next point to get to.....hopefully it'll come through soon.

Thank you all of you, it's great to be able to get some support as haven't told many people yet. Really appreciate your thoughts xxx

Hello,

I know exactly what u are feeling like, this is my first baby too I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and worry that something will go wrong... Its funny how we all seem to worry about the same things! Reading on so many websites about things that go wrong really frightened me but then look at all the other ladies who managed it... Nothing to say we can't do it too. I just keep thinking that stressing out isnt good for my wee bean so you just have to try stay positive thought I know it's hard being a natural worrier too!!

Hopefully we can get past these next few weeks and everything is ok!!
G x

We have all been through it hun. I don't think the feeling goes away because we want bubba so much!!its a natural instinct xx

Hi, Im feeling exactly the same! Im only 4 weeks and I feel sick with worry. Im a stress head and have suffered in the past from anxiety so Im on bobbins at every twinge. When I get up in a morning and go to bed at night I seem to have cramps/stabbing pains lower left but I have IBS and wonder if its wind but then I keep thinking its worse. I have no other symptoms apart from nausea so I guess Im lucky.
x

That's my topic... (sorry i leave in Italy and my English is far from perfect). So I am badly anxious and worried. It happened that I fall pregnant on thyroid medicine and tranquilizator, all in little doses. My family doctor scared us (and my husb) by telling that risk is too high and if we don't want to risk, better to interrupt. I went to search for information in internet and to my endocrinologist and also to gynecologist in big hospital and they all calmed me down by explaining all the possible risks (which at the end are not that high anyway). Well, I stopped all medicine on 5th (3rd) weak....
BUT
It happen to end up with another gynecologist (to make an ultrasound check), who brutally told me to make an abortion... I was shocked, stressed and disgusted by his attitude..... Since then, it's already second week I'm trying to manage my fears..... passing through mental ups and downs... In 2 weeks I have an appointment in a good place for ultrasound check and can't wait, still with fears if something will go wrong...

It is my second child and nothing to say... psychologically it is more difficult... And I'm scared if doctors will tell something bad... i mean.. that something is going wrong and it's better to........

Last edited:
Joe that sounds awful for you. I think your English is fantastic! I hope that your little bean (I call mine a dot at the moment lol) is safe and well and everything goes ok for you
:hug:
x

Thank you very much!....

There is no choice but to be strong and hope for the best. Still sometimes I wish to close my eyes and ears, and not to think, not to hear, not to see .... ... ...

Last weekends my husband was a bit nervous due to his work situation so it didn't help at all, but now he tries his best to give me support. It's very important and relieving...

I'm thinking that to walk and breath fresh air is a good cure to heavy thoughts... Everything must be ok. ....

What's fun (or strange, or different), with my first child I had no worries whatsoever and almost no toxicosis, no pains, no anxiety, no heartbeats, it was so wonderful. Maybe it's just age? .......

Last edited:
Joe, hope everything works out ok for you, sounds like your having a hard time. Think your right about getting out for a walk in the fresh air can do a lot of good mentally and physically. I'm same as you and not a single worry with my daughter (who is now 14) but this time round it's hard not to worry, maybe it is an age thing!

Hi, Im feeling exactly the same! Im only 4 weeks and I feel sick with worry. Im a stress head and have suffered in the past from anxiety so Im on bobbins at every twinge. When I get up in a morning and go to bed at night I seem to have cramps/stabbing pains lower left but I have IBS and wonder if its wind but then I keep thinking its worse. I have no other symptoms apart from nausea so I guess Im lucky.
x

I have IBS too hun and have had this debate a lot when I feel things in my tummy......before being PG i wouldn't really have thought twice about a twinge or cramp (you get used to it woth IBS don't you?!) but now i take notice of everything! ......I was having similar pains to you but on the right, since then have had them sometimes on the left and then sometimes an ache in the middle!!! I'm going with the theroy that if it's not severe and I'm not bleeding then I'm trying not to worry about it! :roll:

Joe, just wanted to say that I really hope everything is ok for you and your baby,can't imagine how hard it is to go through what you are, stay strong and be brave hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back