• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling Alone? Get the Tissues Out!

LouiseB

Reaction score
I just found out about a video competition that they had in the US for a free cycle of IVF and there were 45 entries that you can find here:
http://haveababy.com/uncategorized/i-believe-video-journal-entries/

There are all sorts of ttc'ers in there.

The three winners of the competition were:
Melissa and Hong Lac
Emily and Jimmy Heaton

Hmmm, can't find the third name but a finalist was Christine and Paul Nellis who must have done a good one.

I've only watched the Lac couples one so far but omg I was howling :cry:

Call it therapy ;)

Omg I've just watched a few and Blub city! I was in a happy mood before that missus! Lol

Such sad stories, wish infertility didn't exist xxx

Jeez I've only watched the Lac's and the tears are dripping off the end of my chin :cry:
I think I need to get a glass of wine before I attempt the others!

Lol :)

As I said, therapy ;) Crying for others is better then crying for oneself!

I darent watch it as im quite weepy at the moment as it is!

between watching my sisters keeper the other night....and today i watched House season 4 finale (where wilsons gf amber dies) and was in floods of tears...so i think hubby would seriously worry if he saw me crying AGAIN

xxx

im saving watching this for the weekend when af is gonna be here and i can cry my heart out all i want!

Jeeezus christ Lou what are you doing to us :cry:

Those poor people, how much agony can one person go through without breaking!!

Ther-a-py :whistle:

I know, it's awful, isn't it :( Kind of makes you feel lucky in a way I think :)

It def made me realise my sitch ain't so bad. That one where they did IVF 6 times and lost all 6 babies OMG :cry: And the hubby was away in Iraq or whatever so she was alone for a lot of it. Horrendous! Make me count my blessings xxx

Bloody hell i just watched the last of these videos with Neil! Kay Kay that story is so so sad!
Some people go through so much! That story with the Montroses, I had a lump in my throat.

I guess it puts things into perspective for me hugely!

Gizzy xxxx

What killed me in the Lac one where she was giving birth to her still born and she said that she could hear the doctor sobbing on the other side of the door :cry:

How I found them was that one of the entries was made by a girl I watch on YouTube and I feel a bit embarrassed for her to be honest because it was a really crap effort compared to the others.

Last edited:
Oh god even Neil mentioned that about the doctor upset!

Lou what have you started? I then went on to IVF succeeds stories, then for some reason the you tube link sent me to some other stories about soldiers returning from Iraq to surprise their children, derrick Redmond running on a track after an injury with his dad!. Neil just walked into a real sob fest! The soldier stories are so emotional! Perhaps it's because I am ovulating!

Which one was your buddy Lou?

Gizzy xxx

Oh she's not my buddy, i just like watching ner. She likes to swear and has a bit of f*** you attitude regarding her PCOS - makes a nice change from the typical deluded sickly sweet americans who make me gag most of the time ;)

Her video is the Kristy and Zack one. I think she was trying to be "real" but it came off like she wasn't taking it very seriously. I think she's had clomid and a few IUIs but she's skint now.

I read some awful things from the judges, like them saying that they could feel themselves gravitating towards the attractive couples and away from overweight women because they should lose the weight.

I mean, I know that the winners went through a lot of crap, but it does say something about them being able to afford to have several cycles in the first place and pose by a beautiful lake :roll:

I assume you mean the videos down the right of the screen when you watch the videos? Those are like suggested viewing due to similarities in theme :)

That is pretty bad about the Judges!!

What forum did you find her on?? Will have a look at her video.

Yes those videos l!!! OMG!!

Gizzy x

Not a forum, I found her on You Tube, I've never spoken to her :)

If you go on You Tube and in the search type something like IVF or down regulation or where ever you are upto and then on the filter try searching within a week or a month then hopefully you can find someone who is making videos at a similar place to you.

It's good to physically hear and see someone adds a bit more depth to their struggle.

I keep wanting to make my own videos but I'm a bit self conscious and always start crying when talking about stuff.

I'm hoping to film my tests this time and then film a pregnancy journal, and the talk about IVF when its less raw :) xx

I think you should def try and do something for your time in Belgium. It is different plus you have had a long journey. You will be surprised at hiw well you will cope doing this. I know you said you have the tendency to get upset, but you might find it very therapeutic and helpful. Xxx

Oh Louise, would love to watch your vids if you upload them!

Have just watched a few of these, holy crap :cry:

they are so sad!!!!
i was blobbering away :'(
xx

I've just watched a few videos and I'm blubbering away
Fx for us all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads