Feel like poo and college is suffering, cant stop crying

MissSara

Reaction score
Well for some reason i thought getting passed 1st tri would be great, not for me Everything as gone and got worse, i'm feeling more sick, more tierd and crying more and more. No matter how many books i read they all say that i should be feeling good by now.

Anyway i go to college Mon and Thursdays and its suffering so bad, i only have till end of june before the year is finished the i wont be back until our babs is born. But i can't concentrate, this morning i woke up and spent half an hour being sick before i nearly fainted again. So i couldn't go in today AGAIN.
OH has told me not to carry on as the thought of missing college is making me more ill and maybe i should wait until our baby is older. I have already started this course twice and left, i really wanted to do it but its proving to much. I guess i'll never get to uni at this rate..... doomed to fail thats how i see it. I have just fell way behind and can't seem to catch up or be able to even get into college.

I know most of you go out to work everyday and are thinking that maybe im being a wimp, but i assure you when i was having harrison i must have had it easy, i never thought i could hate pregnancy this much!!!!

Ok rant over just needed to get it off my chest and let it all out, sorry.

Have a huge hug from me
images.jpg

And these
G7TI5CAK0UZ6DCAWSC3CCCAAGMAGACAA0NZ.jpg

And one of these
N8HSZCAE6A7BNCAX1F0MLCAXR0Y39CAVC91.jpg

Mabye is would be wise to leave your course till after the baby is born
if its causing to stress to the point of fainting
then you need to put you health first hon.
i know its dissaponting to leave your course as i can tell how much it means to you. But you can go back to it later
just concentrate on you and you son and the little bubba in you tum.
:hug: LOL SARAH :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I think it's a myth that we start to feel better after first tri - I reckon we just get more used to it!

Don't beat yourself up about this, being pregnant and having your baby is the most important job you can ever do - if necessary college can wait xx

Oh babe I feel really bad for you. It sounds like the emotional stress is perhaps making you physical symptoms worse? I know when Ive been upset or stressed im way more sick than usual. I think having a sit down breather with a cup of tea and putting eveything into focus might help a bit. Give yourself a break! I know this morning all I wanted to do was stay in bed and not go to work again - I could have cried! So dont be too hard on yourself xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Do your lecturers know you are PG? Maybe you should talk to them and explain your abscence and they could give you work to do at home? Not sure if it's that type of course though?

Hope you feel better soon babe :hug: :hug:

:hug: A lot depends on the type of course you're doing, is it anything you could do at home - so the college could give you the work and then you can do it when you're feeling better?

:hug: :hug: Also, what degree are you planning on doing? Is it anything the Open University covers? That's been my saviour as I started a degree in September only to find out 2 days in about the pregnancy and then I made the hard choice to give it up and I was so happy to find a degree to do via the OU as it means I can be a stay-at-home mum and I can work around my life.

I really feel for you, I keep reading about the 'glowing' parts of pregnancy and I think i passed them by! It's not easy at all and there are lots of aches and pains and sickness along the way, it does sound like you were lucky with your other LO!

Just remember the precious bundle you get at the end of all this.
And look after yourself

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug: :hug:

I know i should just take it easy and relax but when it means so much to me and ive worked so hard, i just felt i would be able to continue like normal.
Its a mature student access course, which is pretty full on. But im due to have a word with the tutor next week, and i think she will just tell me to start again in sep???? not sure maybe i could catch up yet.

I want to do the social work degree at uni, and know that i need loads of work experiance to get on to the course and during the course at uni so im not sure if OU do this course, maybe another options for me.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, i guess the main thing is my bubs and staying calm.

Hi Miss Sara

Just wanted to say I know how you feel, I'm still feeling rubbish, really tired and just not healthy!

I'm in my 2nd year of a nursing degree, I'm signed off at the moment as I kept fainting when I was meant to be looking after patients at hospital :think:

I can only take so much sick time before I'm discontinued from the course, but tbh I'm not stressing too much as my baby's health (and mine :) ) is far more important than me being qualified in the next two years.

College and Uni will always be an option - even if you need to wait a year, or two until you go back to studying again, taking time off now doesn't mean you'll never acheive your dreams.

OU do do a social policy/social sciences course.
This would maybe help you on your way?

The social work degree they do is work-based and has to be supported by your employers - which might not work.

BUT it's always worth looking at the OU courses as you can probably get funding and it'll give you something to do in the meantime and always look good on a CV

the OU site is http://www.open.ac.uk
if you call an advisor they will talk you through your options.

Chin up though xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Chick

You're not alone as I felt excactly the same, just before I hit 2nd trim my sickness got worse, felt tired all the time, couldnt be bothered to do anything other than lounge on the sofa, felt moody all the time and hated my husband, had no patience with my 2 year old daughter, the list goes on. I'm starting to recover and this morning was the first time i've been sick for nearly a week and today I managed to go into town with my husband and daughter and walk around and when I came home although I needed to rest I didnt need to sleep, I just lay next to my daughter while she napped and then this evening I managed to wash some dishes and I've felt happier in myself. I hoping this means it's starting to pass and I can start enjoying pregnancy. If you need to quit college then quit, it doesnt mean you're a failure at all. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well thanks for the advice ladies, and after a 2hour chat at 1am this morning me and OH have both decided that leaving college is for the best, he assured me that i wouldn't be a failure as the reason i am doing this is both for Harrison and my peanut on the way and that is deffinately not failing.

Even if i did carry on with college he also bought up the fact that when im up all night BF'ing would i really want to get up at 6am, get harrison ready for school and leave the LO at 4 weeks to go back to college. The answer to that is no, it would break my heart.

I have decided to concentrate on sticking to doing Harrisons homework for a while longer and spending time with my family rather than with my head in some books, i have all my life for college.

Pheeew thats like a weight of my shoulder, now to speak to my tutor.

Awww yay good for you.
I'd say what you're doing is brave and strong and not in the least bit a failure as you're doing what's best for your family which is selfless and fantastic!
I'm sure you'll enjoy the time spend with your bubs, which after all you can never get back.
Good luck with your tutor xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sounds like a wise decision to me and i'm sure you'll start feeling better with less pressure.
:hug:

I am glad you have come to a decision
well done Hon i know it must have been hard
You can relax now and enjoys the rest of your pregnancy
Lol Sarah :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members