Feel dizzy and faint all the time

MissSara

Reaction score
Its only just come on today bt everytime that i have stood up or gone to stand up, i feel so dizzy and like im going to faint.
I've had to sit back down straight away to stop myself falling and being sick.

Is this normal ???

Have you been checked for Anaemia? You might need some iron tablets.

well this makes sense, when i went to the MW last week she said i looked very very pale and took my bloods, to test for this.
Which i will get the results when i go to the hospital for my scan next week. Guess i'll have to wait.

I never thought of this... derrr........lol

You dont have to wait till next week for the results, call them and get them tomorrow, the sooner your start getting some extra iron into your system the better you will feel. In the meantime chew on some nice dark cabbage :? and a good steak(unless your veggie). Even a nice small glass of guinness maybe? well in the old days they used to prescribe it :)

Oooh some orange juice might help soak up the iron from what your eating to.

:D

Hi-In 1st tri I used to get dizzy all the time-my midwife said it was normal in pregnant women and to drink plenty of water and stand up slowly. I never felt like I was about to faint though. Hope you get in sorted.xx :D

Low blood pressure causes dizzy spells it would be worth giving your midwife a call to get it checked.

I'll give her a ring tomorrow and see then, I don't eat steak.....lol
But the guniness might go down a treat...... and all i want to drink is orange juice, that might help.

Hopefully she will give me the iron tablets, then i can start to feel better.

I've had this throughout :cry:

It could be one of the following:

* Anaemia (but you say you're being tested for this)
* Low blood pressure (I presume not as this will have been tested at mw also)
* Not eating enough carbs (after yesterday I can add this one to the list!)

Hope you feel better soon Sara :hug:

Hi Sara!

I get this and have anaemia and low blood pressure too. The best source of iron is fortified breakfast cereal....some have about 4 - 5 mg of iron where red meat has about 2mg and guinness has about 0.5mg (so the guinness thing is a myth!). Red wine has a bit more than Guinness so I've decided I'm allowed a little bit every so often! xxx

I've had this feeling ever since about 15 weeks. My MW tested my blood with a finger prick test and it turned out that I have low blood sugar. She told me to keep mints in my bag and to suck on one when I felt faint. Its seemed to help so far. I hope they figure it out for you.....I know it was really scary for me, especially the first time. I nearly fainted on a crowded train!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back