feel awful :(

rosiee

Reaction score
hello everyone!! Ive been absent again for ages. going to take a little while to catch up with how everyones doing in a minute! Ive just been working lots, and if im not working, im asleep!!

everything was going really well with baby, we had our v-day last week, she's getting big and strong ?(im huge and her kicks have got so hard she managed to bruise my ribs!!!) but I havent been feeling great for a few weeks now. Ive been fainting. after fainting the first time, on the bus on the way home from work, I called the doctors and tried to make an appointment, but the doctor called me back and said there was no need to come in, its really normal in pregnancy and theres nothing they can do and I just need to try and cope. She made me feel like such a drama queen!! so I just got on with it. I was going to work everyday feeling weak and rubbish and fainted several times over the course of 2 weeks, feeling faint on a daily basis. The fainting was worrying me though, because it would happen even if I was sat down. I fainted at work, in the street- it was horrible but the dr made me feel so dramatic I didnt call them again.

Then I had my 24 week appointment tuesday, and mentioned to the midwife about it. she did all her checks and said my heart didnt sound good, and was concerned so got me some blood tests straight away. She called early the next morning to tell me I am very anaemic. she was really stressing the point that anaemia is normal, but I was quite dangerously so, which would explain the fainting and also my heart struggling. so she's sgned me off work for a week and put me on a high dose of iron and a gentle laxative (lovely!)

I am SO angry with the first doctor! she didnt do anything at all and I just had to 'get on with it'!!!! Sorry for the very long story, but im so annoyed. and I feel really useless as I cant do anything without fainting or getting weak and breathless. and I cant work. Has anyone else had anaemia? if anyone has, how long did it take for you to recover?

hope everyones doing well!!!!
x x x

That's awful Hun, mention to your midwife how angry you are with this doctor, maybe she can say something, I have fainted a few times and feel dizzy alot but mine is just down to having really low blood pressure, so I understand how scary it is. Hope your feeling better and back on your feet soon. Happy belated v day xx

It amazes me how different things can be with some doctors, some can't do enough, others completely brush you off. Hope you feel better soon, and they they feel bloody guilty for not getting it right!!! xx

Wow glad you found the problem but could have been solved earlier. Hope ur ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back