Fed up!

Spammy

Reaction score
Last week I posted about passing out and being sick at work. I have been off and went back today due to work today and tomorrow. Only it happened again!!! Went hot and clammy and sick and passed out! Have ended up at home again.

I'm so frustrated. I'm only due to work until the end of the month. 3 days next week and 4 days the week after. Work have asked if I think I need to finish early. Thing is, when I'm home I feel ok!! I would just like to be able to finish when I'm supposed to but it's clearly not working. The feeling i get when I'm going to pass out is so horrible it frightens me!

Midwife last week wasn't too concerned. She said its just one of those things and my body telling me to slow down.

I don't know what to do!! :(

Sorry to hear it happened again hun, I think maybe you should speak to your midwife again as although we accept funny things happen to us when pregnant I personally would want that checked into. But today make sure you rest lots, put your feet up and put a girly film on :) xxx

Last edited:
I've felt like this a couple of times and my MW said the same thing before we discovered I was anaemic. It could just be a slight change in blood pressure or something if you're not anaemic :). Just try and kick back a little. Or as much as is possible. :). Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Hi hun! Sorry to hear it happened again. Could it be something to do with your office that's making you go like that? What is the lighthing like? Is your seating ok? Air-con - that sort of thing. Alternatively if you dont want to finish early is there anyway you could work for a couple of hours from home?

If its not anything environmental at your work, I think you should speak to your mw again, get it looked into, just to be safe :hug:
xx

Thanks girls. I really have no idea what it is. Maybe it's just the exertion of getting there in a morning! Sounds pathetic really but it's all I can think of. My office is ok, have had regular checks to make sure it's suitable. I work for the NHS and they are really careful with stuff like that.

Can't really work from home because of the type of ok work I do. I will phone the midwife again and let her know it has happened again. See what she says. It's just frustrating. I would like to he able to function for a little bit longer!

Awww poor you! How frustrating.

I know a lady who kept fainting when she was pregnant and she was forced to leave work due to health and safety. I would deffo talk to the midwife and see what she advises.

Hi Spammy

Sorry to hear this has happened again; could you try and get an appointment with your doctor instead of your midwife as they might be able to offer you more information.

I agree with the rest of the ladies in just making sure you rest up and relax today. Xx

:hugs: how annoying hey! I had to finish work early when i was pregnant with DD due to spotting, i was due mid february and finished mid december so roughly round about where you are now in your pregnancy, i didnt want to but doctors orders and all that! Hope you get to the bottom of why its happening hun xx

Thanks everyone. I'm at home with my feet up now and will phone the midwife this afternoon and see what she suggests.

In my head it feels to soon to finish but my body seems to be telling me differently. It's a good job work are ok with me cos iv been a nightmare since the moment iv found out I was pregnant with sickness etc!

It is hard when you feel fine and want to carry on as normal but something isn't right. Keep us posted on what the MW says. If it really is just resting you need to do then hun get a good book/dvds and put your feet up. You don't need to get ill or put little baby at risk if you pass out and fall badley. Our bodies are just not our own in pregnancy. Thinking of you and wishing you the very best x

Thanks again for all your lovely replies. I phoned the midwife and she thinks the doctor needs to check me over so going to the ADU this afternoon. Will let you know what they say x

If it's stressful getting into work and home you could ask the GP whether they can recommend altered hours for you so you work a couple less hours each day and don't have to travel during peak times. That way you might be able to continue work without your maternity leave kicking in too early?
Hope you get some answers as to what's causing it xxx

It's so frustrating isn't it?! I had originally planned to finish up at 38 weeks, then brought it forward to next Friday. Then needed to add a few days annual leave in to my lasts weeks and now I've had to change finishing date to next Wednesday. People say 'listen to your body' and it's true, although I hadnt really believed it. Now I totally get it. You're body just tells you when it has to slow down - even if your mind is on full belt and working perfectly.
It's a shock to the system because i had grand plans to keep going for ages yet and like you, I feel fine when I'm at home and sitting down!!!!
Just relax and enjoy finishing bit earlier xxxx

Well just got back from seeing midwife an doctor. Everything seems fine. They think it's just my blood pressure and blood sugars. I have to eat sweets through the day and see if that help (shame). Got a clinic appointment to see the consultant next week but they don't seem at all concerned. Just have to make sure I go back if it happens again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back