• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

fears of telling parents ... (probs me being silly) hehe

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey everyone! i am 19 (20 this month) and my OH is 27 (28 this month) and we are ttc.... no noe knows that we are trying ( and that i had my implanon implant removed). i have spoken to my mum about having a baby and she got really excited, and i told her my concerns over telling my dad (if i did fall pregnant) she aksed him and aparently he said he would be over the moon..........

knowing this i am really scared when the time comes (hopefully it will come that we conceieve soon) im really scared about telling my dad.... i am really close to my dad but think he probs still see's me as his baby.... it makes me almost cringe thinking of telling him,,,, am i just being silly??? what have your parents said??? i know he would be thrilled when baby arrives but the though of telling him worries me, lol

my parents were shocked but they've come round to it now. my OHs parents were OVER THE MOON! x

Hi,

Im also 19 and ttc, however, when i brought up the issue of me trying for a baby she went mad (despite her knowing that i have to have everything removed in 4years). But sounds like you parents will be very happy at the news, not that this doesnt make u worry about finally telling them but if they know its what u want im sure they'll be very happy for u!

Good Luck hope you bet your BFP very soon xx

i was shitting myself telling my parents both times, i was 20 when i got pregnant with my little girl and 21 with this one.

they were shocked at first but no matter what they will always come round by the time youve had a baby, sounds like they'll be fine about it anyway. My dad said to me firsttime 'oh i knew cos you were getting fat' :rotfl: .

Second time round my mum was not happy, in fact we fell out for a few weeks because of it (because i got pregnant 4 months after having my daughter), but now she is happy about it .
At the end of the day its your life, if they are unhappy (which they wont be) then its them whose goign to miss out on their grandchild.
Good luck for TTC and hopefully you'll be telling them good news soon :D .

I put if off for weeks and when i told them i burst into tears and waited for the yelling but there wasnt any, they were shocked yeah didnt say much for the first week or so now my mum goes more gooey over baby things than I do lol

xx

i was worried about telling mine and im 24. i got it over and done with asap, and i phoned them when i knew they were at the other end of the country.
my mum went silent but ended up quite chuffed and my dad was really happy right away

I had to tell my Mum first time at 20, second at 21, and the third at 23!! I pooped myself each time, she was shocked the first time, and was worried that I wouldn't get chance to do uni etc. the second and third time she was expecting it! It wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be, there was no screaming or crying which I half expected.

I think any parents will be shocked when there children tell them there pregnant.
Its the reaction afterwards!

If your parents react badly and im sure they wont, then just give them time to come around. I like to think as a mum that i wouldnt react badly.
I hope they come around ok.

with my 1st pregnancy my parents did react badly but they had reason to. i was 17 and still living at home etc but they soon came round to the idea. i moved in my own house with my other half just before she was born.

i told my mum when we were ttc this baby and they were perfectly happy about it. we got married 6 weeks ago and couldnt be happier! best of luck to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back