FAO brand new mams: Labour symptoms!!

soulem

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether the ladies who have recently given birth could share with the rest of us ANY symptoms/signs they had in the week leading upto labour. I'm hoping most of it is still fresh in your mind, though being pregnant probably feels a million years ago now baby is here!!!

:wave:

i remember feeling very weird and tired and weak very strange just before my waters broke one of the strangest feelings, very hard to describe!!!!

:think: Well I didn't know I was in labour until about 4 hours before Evie was born BUT looking back there were SOOOO many tell tale signs!

About 4 days before she was born I went mad about cleaning, making cakes and generally nesting. :)

A couple of days before I started to get stronger BHs :x

I started to sleep more in the day- felt quite run down :sleep:

I had my show the night before she was born (That was the last thing I posted about on here! :rotfl: )

When I was IN labour I was getting tightenings in my back that just gradually got more painful. I cleared my body out- never been so sick or poo'd so much in my life! :oops: :rotfl:

I think when you go into labour you 'just know' and your body does all the hard work for you...

GOOD LUCK GIRLS! (I can't believe I've done it! :shock: )

Jade x

The week before due date I had a bad stomach and felt rubbish all week.
On my due date i woke up to bleeding which carried on for two days and was having contractions on and off every twenty minutes or so (but they were not painful) Realised I really was in labour about half an hour before he was born in the car on way to hospital.
I even had a consultant tell me 12 hours before i had him I wasn't in labour and could carry on that way for another week :shock: stupid man. He even booked me in for induction 10 days later.

I had every pre labour symptom going...

Show
Strong regular BH's
Period Pains
Swelling
Fixing Pains
Clearouts

But I ended up being induced! :lol:

happy_chick said:
I had every pre labour symptom going...

Show
Strong regular BH's
Period Pains
Swelling
Fixing Pains
Clearouts

But I ended up being induced! :lol:

Ditto to this, almost to the letter only I didn't have a show. I went a big walk the day before my waters broke and I think that had something to do with it!

the night before labour started i felt like i was getting a bad cold

I was induced, so I'm not sure my experiences count, but I was totally over-emotional, crying for no reason a few hours after I was induced and then some hours later I started to get pains in my back which came and went (as contractions do!). I didn;t have a show until labour was fully established and I must have been at least 6cm+. My waters didn't break until the midwife cut them as baby was being pushed out!

Emma58 said:
The week before due date I had a bad stomach and felt rubbish all week.
On my due date i woke up to bleeding which carried on for two days and was having contractions on and off every twenty minutes or so (but they were not painful) Realised I really was in labour about half an hour before he was born in the car on way to hospital.
I even had a consultant tell me 12 hours before i had him I wasn't in labour and could carry on that way for another week :shock: stupid man. He even booked me in for induction 10 days later.

In the car? wow!

Consultants are sometimes as thick as two short planks!(which isn't helpful for our confidence! :rotfl: )

This is a great thread. Nice to see reall symtoms and not just read text book ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back