• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasising about telling people

clem

Reaction score
Following on from Poll Question thread. Clearly I am not the only one who fantasises how am going to tell my husband if I am pregnant.

My plan is to suggest a walk to the same place where he asked me to marry him and get him to help me find exact spot 'just for fun', then ask him if he wants to be a Dad (which I know he wants loads as we have been trying for ages). He will know straight away what it means.

For my mum I would love to be pregnant by her birthday and give her a birthday card with a scan picture in it of her future grandchild. (Though this might be slightly unrealistic as I dont think you get a scan for several weeks? And I couldnt wait that long......)

How sad am I to have planned the above!! Tell me I'm not the only one and some of you think about it too?

Definately not the only one. I've seen a photo frame that says on it 'to love, spoil, cherish and adore, that's what a grandchild is for'. I'm going to buy it and put scan picture in it them wrap it and give it to my parents. Don't plan on telling them till I'm twelve weeks anyway, if I can keep it in!

That's brilliant idea. If you cant wait the 12 weeks (i know i couldnt, not with my parents) the photo frame alone should do the same! They can keep it for first pics. Though I agree scan picture would be great. Do you think you can get one early?

Some people can have them at six weeks. Wonder if I can wangle it. My dr is lovely so hope so. I get so excited just thinking about giving them their prezzie her her can't wait. Hope it's soon for us!

When I got pregnant we wern't going to tell my parents until I was past the 3 months, but when I was 9 weeks I saw a pair of socks in Tesco that were all fluffy and said "worlds best granny" on them ( I know thats really sad, but I just LOVE socks and Pyjamas and slippers and would wear them all day if i could!!)...so I bought them and wrapped them up and gave them to my mum for mothers day (after consulting OH first obviously)...haha!! She thought it was a joke at first, but she soon realised and thought it was a nice way to tell her. Sadly we lost our little bean just before 12 weeks..:'( but that was over a year ago now and we're back TTC again now, and I can't help thinking up ways of letting my family know again!! xxx

I think it's probably something alot of people TTC think about! xx Probs more so in the TWW for me tho xx

Ahhhh some great ideas....we were thinking about telling our family at our anual easter sunday brunch....and I was going to put a little pic of my BFP in with their eater cards....something stopped us telling them.....then I MC on 7th....but will still do something exciting to break the news next time.... ;-) xxx

I would definately like to do something exciting to tell my parents the news, They will be so happy as I have 2 brothers and a sister and they all have kids already.

They always said it was strange how I'm the oldest and haven't got any kids yet - but my sister and my brothers all had children young, my sister was 18 and my brothers were 16 - identical twins and they found out within 2 weeks of eachother!!!

lovely ideas, in previous months before i found out I had PCOS I thought about buying 'daddy' birthday cards, xmas cards etc. But dont think id be able to hold off telling hubby, id have to tell him within seconds of finding out!! lol

i like the idea of buying grandma and grandad type things to tell our parents though!!

I couldn't wait to tell OH, it was more of a 'Is that an actual line or am I crazy?' think with him.
With our families we wrote in the xmas cards love from Angela, Luke, Alex and ??? Took them a few minutes to work out, they thought we'd got a puppy!

If it was our first we could have just bought Merry Christmas Grandma and Grandpa cards, but they're all grandparens already!

Everytime I've done a test my hubby has been there. I've asked him to read the result but grabbed it back in excitement and just blurted "is it really a positive.... you look..... are you sure OMG etc"!!

Would have loved to do something nice and romantic tho. Lovely ideas ladies x

Hi Willma and Angel, just to say it must be a million times harder after a MC as you must be afraid to tell anyone! I think you are both wonderful to be so positive!
xxx

ive always said id like to buy my OH a "daddy" card when i get my positive result, but i think i would blurt it out cos weve had a tough 10months trying so far...

with my OH's parents we would like to give them a scan pic, but with my parents, i think i would like to give them the pic then run cos if they catch me i would be 6ft under haha! x

Oh my... I had really similar thoughts as these but it really didnt work out that way! haha. I wanted to surprise hubby with it but I just came running into the lounge and thrust the test in his face! hahaha. Also I wanted to get a babygro for my mom to unwrap but after showing hubby i insisted we drive straight to my moms and did the same to her! excitement got the better of me! xx

Last edited:
Oh my... I had really similar thoughts as these but it really didnt work out that way! haha. I wanted to surprise hubby with it but I just came running into the lounge and thrust the test in his face! hahaha. Also I wanted to get a babygro for my mom to unwrap but after showing hubby i insisted we drive straight to my moms and did the same to her! excitement got the better of me! xx

Haha, that sounds lovely though!

This time I took the test in the loo at asda (classy :lol: ) then put it in my handbag and took it home :D

Got oh on his own and handed him the lotto ticket to check, then handed him the pregnancy test and asked him to check that as well :rofl:

lol i like that one mamafy...i bet his face was like he had just won the lottery xx

Lets just say ema, I wish I'd had a camera :lol:

haha brilliant

stu is a walking wreck at the moment, he doesnt know what to think with these VERY faint lines...

This time I took the test in the loo at asda (classy :lol: ) then put it in my handbag and took it home :D

Got oh on his own and handed him the lotto ticket to check, then handed him the pregnancy test and asked him to check that as well :rofl:

love this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back