Family Planning Scan at Ultrasound Direct

BabyFrog

Reaction score
Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a family planning scan at ultrasound direct before?

There's one very near me, and I was interested in booking but at £100 I'd feel better if I had a recommendation from someone!

They look at your uterus and ovaries etc and see if there are any potential issues. I know it's probably nothing but I've had a slight cramp on and off for a couple of weeks where I think my right ovary is, and I'm starting to wonder if I might have a cyst?

Last month was my first off the pill and ovulated on day 17 from my left (I felt it) and now on CD33 with no OV yet. I wonder if it's because my right is having its turn and struggling?!

Sorry for the ramble! Ha ha.

Last edited:
Hey baby frog

I have not had one there but had one at a private clinic. After my miscarriage I wanted to check everything was ok as I was havig long cycles.

She examined me and said I had a retroverted uterus and cysts on both ovaries and stated on my report polystic overies syndrome.

Afrer my scan I was distraught and thought it would take ages to conceive again, the doctors have me blood tests and said that they do not beleive I have pcos I was gutted and wish I didn't have ithe scan, in between me having the scan and docs resultS from blood I was lucky to catch the next cycle but sadly that one ended in MMC.

I am not trying to put you off a scan as they can sometimes me very good and give you reassurance, but in my case it cause me extra stress and worry.

Cysts can come and go and mine did, when I had my ultrasound at 12 weeks I did not have any cysts on my ovaries.

I don't know of it helped me but after she said I had a lot of cysts I put caster oil packs across my lower abdomin with a hot water bottle, however please research this before you do it as your not supposed to do it when pregnant or due to ovualte.

Do you think you could be ovulating from your right ovary and that's why it cramps, maybe its gearing up to ovualte but not and the tries again? I wouldn't worry to much about your cycles your body is still adjusting after coming off the pill

If you are concerned though and it's causing you worry I would go £100 isnt a bad price at all xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Tina18, I really appreciate the reply! So sorry to have about your angel babies. I hope it all works out for you soon.

I think I'll hold of having the scan and give my body a little more time to adjust post pill. I didn't even consider that I might end up feeling worse after the scan, so you've definitely helped!

I'm just so impatient, but I need to just let things happen naturally for a bit I think.

Fingers crossed that right ovary stops messing around and does its job :) xxx

Hi I have had one with them! About 8-9 weeks as I had a previous M/C. Scan was brill they showed me everything and scan was so clear. Very high tech and we heard the heart beat too. Def recommend for the price!

Morning : )

I've had a few at two different centres... I go every two months to check on the lining of my uterus which is slowly thickening.

I've been happy with them pretty much every time I've been. They have a look the normal way and then they do an internal. If a odd sized cyst shows they advise a re scan in 6 weeks which is free.

Also used them to find out the sex of all 3 of munchkins.
100 seems to be the price for most of the services they offer.

Deffo worth it even if it's just reassurance that all is well.

Thanks Everyone! I think I've decided to wait a couple of weeks and if I still haven't ovulated then I'll go for a scan.

Thanks again for all your comments! I love this site :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back