Family cars

Laura_C

Reaction score
We are looking to trade our two cars in and get one family car between me and my hubby as I am going to be off work for some time so don't really need the luxury of having two cars. It will save us lots of money!

Can anyone recommend a good family car?

We have been thinking along the lines of getting Nissan Qashqai, Citroën Xsara Picasso, Vauxhall Zafira. We are open to suggestions!

We want something fairly roomy but are leaning towards a Qashqai, although this is only a crossover hatchback and the most expensive!

Oooh I love the qashqai! My SIL is getting one, no experience yet, but it looks lovely, big but not too big and quite economical on fuel. Ive heard good reviews xx

Last edited:
I test drove it and fell in love with it but not sure we could quite stretch the budget. My OH loves it too but not 100% sure I it will meet all our needs. I do want something big but not too big so seems like a good compromise!

we've got the zafira and has never let us down and its done alot of miles lol
we are upgrading in the next 2 weeks though as its now too small for us so we will be the proud owners of a renault trafic 9 seater yes we are getting a mini bus, my dh always said he will end up with a minibus only he said it joking :rofl:

we are upgrading in the next 2 weeks though as its now too small for us so we will be the proud owners of a renault trafic 9 seater yes we are getting a mini bus, my dh always said he will end up with a minibus only he said it joking :rofl:

lol!!! :)

lol!!! :)

we have told the mil she will need her bus pass to board lol

my mum tried qashqai for a weekend and hated it ?! :/ not sure why, she has a zafira now and altho its lovely and doesnt give much bother ... when it does - it cost her £1000 for a clutch and when its needed fixed its cost loads?? and one of my friends has the xsara picasso and they think its fantastic and has given them no bother?! best bet would be to try online for reviews?? xxx

I know someone with a zafira and it's always in for repairs!

I'm not too sure what to suggest but me and DH are liking the new c-max's (hubby likes the Grande one, I prefer the smaller one) right now...they are so expensive though!

Ooo I quite like the Kugas too! Oh I have such expensive taste :roll:

i love ford focusses! but they are a bit small! i've only got a bloody panda, is tiny!

I've had a ford focus and I loved it, don't know why I ever got rid! I have a Peugeot 307 now and I hate it! My hubby has a vauxhall vectra but I dont like saloons. We used to have a Mercedes M Class and it was gorge, were gutted when we sold it!

I've had a ford focus and I loved it, don't know why I ever got rid! I have a Peugeot 307 now and I hate it! My hubby has a vauxhall vectra but I dont like saloons. We used to have a Mercedes M Class and it was gorge, were gutted when we sold it!

loads of my neighbours have focusses and every time iw alk outside i'm so jealous lol!

Ive a friend whos got a quashquai and a dissabled (adult)son and they love it, plenty of space in the boot and for passengers,
I agree with the kuga and this one there gorge but slightly too pricy for us, weve got a clio n a vectra but are lookin at gettin rid of the vectra cos its soooo expensive when things go wrobg on it!

X

well i think you should all get minibuses so i dont feel too weird lol

I got a Citroen berlingo - looks a bit like a van but soooo practical! Sliding back doors are fab :)

My friend just ordered a brand new Qashqai- they look lovely but I dont know what the repairs are like... if you have one built in Japan the parts cost more than the ones built here believe it or not!

We've jusy bought a Vauxhall Vectra, massive boot, I could live in it! Very safe too xx

We've jusy bought a Vauxhall Vectra, massive boot, I could live in it! Very safe too xx

i actually climbed in ours when we got it in from the car garage cos i couldn't believe how bloody big it was!!! ( yeh i kno i looked a bit strange) lol
im a little bit gutted the hubbys thinking still of sellin it cos its so nice to drive n roomy, just bloody expensive to run :-( damn u maternity leave!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back