Faint pregancy result???

justsarah23

Reaction score
Hi there.I am new to the forum boards so first of all Hello all!

I am currently 6 days late which is rather unlike me as my periods have become regular over the last year.I had a pregnancy test (not a very good one admitidly - a cheap one off ebay) so I thought I would do it,I did the test around 6pm tonight - ideally now I realise I shouldve waited for my first urine in the morning,anyway I did the test and I cant decide wether I can see a very faint line or not?? I have begun to think my eyes are playing tricks on me so I thought I would ask your advice please?? I plan on buying a better test and doing it in a couple of days too.

http://s541.photobucket.com/albums/gg38 ... ?albumview

Please let me know what you think .Thanks in advance

I also posted this in Ask Mums at 1st as wasnt sure where to post.x

I dont think the link is right, it just comes up with the home page.

Fingers crossed for you! x

looks good to me but its hard to see as photo is blurry, take another test!!!! :D GO!

Hi Sarah :wave: , Sounds exciting get another test asap and loads of luck hope you get that BFP :pray:

Hi Hun the picture is quite dark
6 days late you would see a really strong second line by now even with a ebay cheapie
i have used this many times and even got a bfp before test day there what the doctors use
i can see a second line with out a doubt but is a little thin so am wondering how long it took for
the second line to appear ? They say not to read a test after 10 minutes and a bfp will show
within 5minutes max .. The reason for not reading testes after the 10minute mark is because
of evap lines causing false positives this looks like a very faint bfp and some evaps can even
be grey looking or have colour in them speaking from experiance i have had evaps with thesa
tests and they have always been read after the 10 minute mark ..

6days late is a very good sign though so its looking good for a bfp hun fingers crossed for you :)
i would get a clear blue digital £5.99 that tells you in words pregnant or not pregnant and how
may weeks pregnant you are at least you will know for sure i cant belive you waited this long
to test :lol: i get test early syndrome i think we all do on here when where ttc and on the 2ww
:rotfl: awww i hope your bfp hun let us know the outcome as soon as you test again
:hug:

Tricky pic to see as it's so dark.

Don't forget that if you ovulate late in your cycle then a strong BFP will take longer to appear so it could well be a BFP.

Does the line have any colour to it? i.e. is it the same colour as the test line only fainter? If so it is probably a positive but it's very hard to tell from your pic.

I'd test with FMU in the morning. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks for all your replies ! Its really bugging me now,as I am dying to know lol. Cant even sleep Im so eager. I agree the pic is dark/blurry but best I could get. The 2nd line was a very pale pink and when i looked at the test from the side ( as in could see the layers through the test ) i could see the pale pink there too - if anyone understands that lol.
Fingers croseed anyways.

Also can anyone point me in the direction of where I can learn the lingo that everyone uses on here (im a total newbie to all this you see) - i.e BFP ,FMU (i worked that 1 out to be first morning urine?) Thanks all x

Here's the link... it gets easier don't worry lol
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4

BFP = big fat positive (preg test) likewise BFN is big fat negative.

FMU is indeed 1st morning urine.

I would say that if the line has a definite colour to it then it counts as a BFP. There is such a thing as an evaporation line (see www.peeonastick.com for great articles etc on this) which is basically where you are NOT pregnant but the water in your urine causes the antibodies on the 'test' strip (i.e. the ones that react with the hCG hormone in your urine) to show up. This looks more like a shadow or a clear line though and tends to show up on either out of date tests or ones that have been left past the 10 minute line.

Hope this helps. From what I can see (which isn't much :lol:) and what you've said it sounds like a faint positive! When in doubt - go digi! There's nothing quite like having a little stick saying "Pregnant" :D :dance:

I cant see the picture all that well but test this morning and post a better pic!!!

Thanks for all your replies.... I have orderd 2 clearblue digi's so I should have them by Thursday.Also I have some more ebay cheapies on the way which should arrive tomorrow! Arrgh the suspense is killing me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back