Extreme nesting!!!!Losing the plot!

jacky

Reaction score
Hello all
Just wondered if anyone else has been obsessively cleaning their house yet? It doesn't help that one of my cravings is the smell of cleaning products and has been for a while now but I am getting to a point where I can't sit down for 5 minutes without thinking about spraying something with bleach! I think it's partly the smell of the cleaning stuff, partly wanting a clean house and partly having finished work and not knowing quite what to do with myself! I'm normally fairly easy going with housework but I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a weirdo! Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this!! Or tell me where you live so I can come and clean your house too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Newbury - you are welcome any time. I must be 'anti-nesting' looking at the state of my house :lol:

nah not had that urge but then its not my place am living with oh and his parents lol

i do the odd dishes but thats when i wanna use something and its dirty.
odd washing but washing baby stuff.
got ironing to do but baby stuff. cause oh parents do everything else :)

only thing i keep doing is messing with the baby stuff in the wardrobe. kept messing with our drawers too so baby can have a couple drawers. oh kept asking where stuff had gone lol sometimes i didnt know other times i did

i havent had it for cleaning like hoovering, but i have had it in my room, everything has had to be perfect, like things in the right place, baby things being sorted out and everything, and noone is allowed in my room or on my bed cos they will mess it up and make it smell different to what it does, lol..

mums hoping that i will have a major cleaning spree at the end of the preganncy but i dont think its going to happen tbh lol..

but feel free to come and clean our house its a mess atm. :( cos of decorating

I've been de-junking, cleaning and tidying every cupboard and wardrobe for the past 2 weeks. Just started on washing all of baby's clothes and bedlinen.

Yes I have gone all obsessive over the cleaning and I'm craving the smell of the hoover so I want to hoover all the time!
I clean the flat every day from top to bottom and my boyfriend is a messy git which drives me crazy like last night he just left his wet towel and dirty undies on the bathroom floor after having a shower, dirty work clothes all over the bedroom floor, he cooked dinner and left mess EVERYWHERE in the kitchen and he had made a mess in the livingroom and I totally flipped! I know he's my OH and all that but it takes the p**s, I'm coming up to being 8 months pregnant and I have explained to him about nesting and why I have become obsessed over the cleaning and he thinks it's ok to leave a mess every where!

Nope i havent and I wish it would kick in!!! and i have only 2 weeks to go, but then its not my house im in so never mind, maybe it will kick in when i move lol :rotfl:

Vickyleigh said:
Yes I have gone all obsessive over the cleaning and I'm craving the smell of the hoover so I want to hoover all the time!
I clean the flat every day from top to bottom and my boyfriend is a messy git which drives me crazy like last night he just left his wet towel and dirty undies on the bathroom floor after having a shower, dirty work clothes all over the bedroom floor, he cooked dinner and left mess EVERYWHERE in the kitchen and he had made a mess in the livingroom and I totally flipped! I know he's my OH and all that but it takes the p**s, I'm coming up to being 8 months pregnant and I have explained to him about nesting and why I have become obsessed over the cleaning and he thinks it's ok to leave a mess every where!

I know exactly what you mean. I scream at OH when he leaves things lying around! And he has a habit of taking things and not putting them back in their original position, it drives me mad!

I can't be bothered, I sometimes get the urge to tidy or clean something then get bored :)

The thing is we live in a 150 year old building and there is always dust about, even 5 minutes after I have dusted :roll:

I did have a bit of a sort out and a clean of the bedroom yesterday and after getting my curtains caught up in the Dyson and load of dust in my face and falling over the bed, I was totally knackered and could hardly stand!

madam bully said:
my curtains caught up in the Dyson and load of dust in my face

Oh I would have been in heaven as I am really craving the smell of dust and musty old smells :oops: :oops:

Im still bawling at my DH to pick his clothes up but its defintely not nesting instict.
Mine was so bad before that I was craving the smell of lemon cif bathroom mousse and was cleaning the bathroom up to 10 times a day so I could smell it! that and scrubbing the kitchen down with dettol cos i liked thew smell of that too :rotfl:

Vicky your more then welcome to come oner and hoover here too, Im just hoping you like the smell of polish and fairy liquid too :rotfl:

Wow all these craving for smells, wish i had that. I can't bear the hoover smell or dust, cleaning product are a bigg no no but the worst is soap and shampoo.
Early in my pregnancy i have to have soapless shampooless baths as it made me violently sick.
Still a bit funny with them now!!!!

I can tidy up for about half hour then have to have an hours kip to compensate lol

So anyone that wants to clean for me please feel free lol

Wow really? people react so differently dont they tp things in pregnancy.

I love having a bath at the mo and lathering up with Imperial leather (one in pink and white bottle and smells gorgeous) think its the norishing one. But i feel so clean and nice after using it. Maybe nesting instinct is kicking in a bit after all just too tired to do anything about it :rotfl:

I have all the good intentions to do stuff but just haven't got the energy or pain free long enough to actually do it :cry:

I know anything with a perfume sent me running to the bathroom. Even when my other half uses deodarant it made me gag.

Poor you terri. I am absolutely mad on the smell of cleaning products and it seems to be getting worse! While I was still at work I could often be found in the treatment room (I'm a nurse) sniffing disinfectant surface wipes like a madwoman!!! Now I just clean the bathroom constantly or just spray the stuff around a bit!! I'm finding I run out of steam halfway through a job now though due to my ever expanding girth! I don't feel so odd now though because there are lots of others on here who are cleaning crazy!!!

jacky said:
Poor you terri. I am absolutely mad on the smell of cleaning products and it seems to be getting worse! While I was still at work I could often be found in the treatment room (I'm a nurse) sniffing disinfectant surface wipes like a madwoman!!! Now I just clean the bathroom constantly or just spray the stuff around a bit!! I'm finding I run out of steam halfway through a job now though due to my ever expanding girth! I don't feel so odd now though because there are lots of others on here who are cleaning crazy!!!

Lol just got images of a pregnant woman running round like a nutter sniffing everything lol :D :D :D

One good thing about being pregnant is i go off cigarettes and coffee same with my last one. Hoping to give up for good now!!!

This week i am loving clean smells! im in the bath a lot at the mop with my imperial leather shower cream!

Gave the house a quick clean today and still dont get the hoover smell...i just like the results after

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back