Expressing milk as extra?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
I want to express some milk so my hubby can do some feeds but I have no idea his to do this. Surely if I express a bottle then next time I go to feed my baby there will be no milk there? Yesterday I finished off 3 feeds by expressig but only got about 1.5 oz each time. So im using up freezer bags for a measly amount. Also is it safe for mr to then mix lots of different bags in one bottle to make it up to enough for one feed? How can I express a whole boob out without worrying I won't have enough left for Arthur?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Xx

I've never got my head around this, maybe you could express the other boob while feeding him? This is the main reason why I give Isla formula during the day as I can't express enough for her :(

On my first morning feed when I have full boobies I feed her on one and express from the other, and get about 5oz. During the day, if I express, I would express from the boob she's fed from after she's finished if there's any left to come, then the other one too. I don't usually worry about there being none for next feed cos by then you will have produced more to replace what's gone. Or if you are worried about it, just keep the expressed milk in the fridge and if LO is still hungry and not getting more from boobs, offer expressed as a top up. I think your body just makes what is demanded of it.

As for mixing, it's fine - but if you are freezing small amounts why not wait till you have a decent amount and freeze it together? Ooh also, make sure you have a good pump! I had no success with my manual one, but now have a good electric one and it's SO good, a world of difference.

Hiya, Mixing milk - should ideally all be expressed in the same 24hr period, no later.

Also store milk at the back of the fridge where it is colder and never in the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back