Expressing Help needed

Fiona

Reaction score
Hi, I am planning a trip to the dentist this week and need to spend quite a lot of time there, so thought I would try to express some milk so OH can look after Grace while I am gone.

Have a electric pump and just tried to use it and although I have been on it for 30 mins have only expressed about 2 oz of milk...

is this normal ?

How much do you think I need to express to give Grace a full feed when I am not around?

And how long should this take ?

And When is the best time to express ?

so sorry girls so many questions - there is so much to learn as a first time mum.............

Fee

is this normal ?

Yes this is normal, it takes time for you to get used to the suction, tomorrow should be slightly easier if you do it at the same time.

How much do you think I need to express to give Grace a full feed when I am not around?

Do it everyday and save it in the fridge, at the back. It can stay in ther for upto 8 days. you should have a nice little supply then for your
bubba :)

And how long should this take ?

When I first started it took me 30-40 mins to get an 1oz, now at 3 months I can get 4 maybe 5 most of the time.

And When is the best time to express ?
Morning, full of the nutriants from the night, as thats the time most milk is made as your more relaxed

HTH :hug:

Oh and also try doing it when bubba feeds on the one side in the morning, as you are going to get most of your let downs during that feed :)

2oz at this stage sounds great fiona well done, my milk took ages to come in. everyone is different. luke is now 5 weeks and he takes about 4oz every 3-4 hours if thats any help but every baby feeds differently.

:hug:

I thought you could only keep ebm in the fridge for 48hrs..... :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back