Expressing after feeds - advice needed

crackers24

Reaction score
When feeding, can LO ampty both boobies? If so will there be any milk left for her feed a couple of hours later? I want to increase my milk supply so am planning on expressing any left over milk after every feed, my only concern is that LO may not get enough milk in her next feed. She usually feeds every 2 hours or so. Any advice? Thanks.

usually after a couple of months of feeding you only produced as much milk as the baby is feeding so usually you wont have left over milk after feeding.to increase my milk supply i would express halfway between the next feed. so if she feeds every two hours then i would feed then express an hour later then feed and hour after that. at first it will prob disturb her feeding as your body may need a lil time to adjust. it only took me a few days though to get my milk flow to increase. may i ask why u want to increase ur supply

Eating oats llike porridge every morning, if you don't already, is a great way to increase your milk supply. FWIW i think if i was to express i would do it the way you said, try after every feed, that way it wouldn't interfere with the next feed but does tell your body that baby wants more so will make more. xx

the reason i want to increase my supply is because i dont think baby is getting enough and also i want to express some for freezing. so the more i have the more i can store.

The more your baby feeds and you express, the more you'll make, so keep up with it and your boobs will catch up.

Your boobs never empty completely, milk is continuously made. It's only a bit harder to get the best reserves out.

I've read somewhere to allow an hour between feeds to allow your supplies to refill, so two hours after a feed sounds more than adequate at a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back