Experience of HcG levels?

Mrsbee

Reaction score
Hiya, ladies so long story short I ended up in hospital as I'd started bleeding and had bad pains bilaterally. Anyway the doctor said "if your HcG levels are higher than 1500 we'll scan you" mine were 13,000. I was scanned and she wants to scan me again as she doesn't think I'm as far along as I think. But I thought I'd be put back three days (which I have been)

So 2 questions really
1) a hcg level at what would have been 5 weeks 5 days of 13,000 is that good? I've googled it but I wonder if anyone has a similar experience and their pregnancy was all good.

2) a scan at either 5 weeks 6 days or 6 weeks, did anyone see anything? She said she could see the yolk sak but couldn't see much else, but she did say that was totally normal. Obviously I believe her and the consultant also said the same. But any personal expericences?

I don't know about the Hcg levels, as mine were really low the only time I've have them done (mmc at 6w) and they couldn't find anything when they scanned. At 6 weeks with my lb they found baby and heartbeat. They said it was unusual to see it so early, but that was done through an internal scan. They couldn't find anything with a normal scan. Fx it's all ok with you.

I was scanned at 6 weeks and there was a yolk sack and no heart beat. Scanned two weeks later and everything was perfect. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction :)

Thanks Hun, everyone including the consultant said it was normal. Hopefully my next scan in a little over a week shows more haha xx

You should see a blob with arm and leg buds :) my 8 week scan was by far the best so far

I'm excited! I was a bit disappointed with the last one haha xxx

You can't help but be I had a trainee sonographer for my 13 week scan and she was awful. Baby didn't stop moving so she was moaning ! A week won't take long :)

I am sure all will be fine for u but dont rely on hcg levels to establish whether the pregnancy is progressing normally. I had a mmc in Dec 2014 and when checked first levels were 18,000! I convinced myself all was well and googled loads of stuff aswell as posting on here which suggested the same but 2 days later they were 13,000 and mc was confirmed. Not saying thats gonna happen to u but please try to avoid searching for answers when what will be will be, wishing u all the luck in the world xx

One off HCG levels don't mean anything, it is the rise every 2 days that is important, they should double every 48 hours. Have you had another blood test Mrsbee? Hoping everything is ok xx

I had a scan at 5w 6d or 6w she said she thought I was just under 6 weeks by measurements and she could see the yolk sac and the heartbeat flickering. Maybe you ovulated later or implanted later. Fingers crossed everything will be ok for you even though I seen the heartbeat I'm still terrified think these 12 weeks are just one of those rides where it will be up and down. Good luck xx

Hope everything is ok hun, I'm sure it will be. I had my early scan on Sat- 7w2d according to LMP and they put me back to 6w1d and I could see the sac and teeny, tiny baby with a heartbeat. Hopefully you will soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back