Expanding belly!

jools02

Reaction score
Ok, my bump is getting huge I'm not kidding you. I'm already in maternity trousers and can't see my feet. Everyone at work has noticed and everyone I walk past is staring at it! When I dropped Sean off at nursery this morning one woman asked me how far along I was (I hadn't even told them I'm pregnant). When I said I was only 8 weeks she was gobsmacked and thought I was fibbing. She said I look more like 4 months!! After a few more comments at work this afternoon I'm starting to think I may be further on than I think. I had been using ovulation sticks and took a pg test on 30th July which was negative and I got my period the next day (but it only lasted a couple of days). If I got pregnant in the previous cycle it would make me around 12 weeks which looking at my belly I think would be about right. Do you think its possible? I did mention this to the nurse when I went to get it confirmed but she didn't seem bothered! I've not got my booking in app until I'm 10 weeks.

Sorry about the long post!

Is it a rock hard bump? Above your pelvic bone? then maybe your are further along

If not, its probably lax muscles as this is baby #2

Well, just had to nip to the loos to have a feel because I couldn't do it in the office :oops: and yes its pretty solid above my pubic bone. When I feel my bump that's pretty solid too.

definatly mention it maybe ur scan can be moved forward so u dont miss out important date for triple tests and things :D

xx

Ok, I only have to wait a week and a half to see the midwife so I'll wait and mention it to her.

Don't get your hopes up babe, i am massive and thought i was further but my scan proved otherwise. MW said it is your body preparing, water, fat and bloating are all stored up...i look about 4/5 months and its pretty hard and round but the baby is only 2 inches or so!!! Boo hoo :roll:

You period at the beginning of August could have been an implantation bleed if it was lighter and shorter than normal, which would make you 12 weeks, which sounds more realistic given your bump! You should probably try to get a scan soon!! Congratulations!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back