Exercising When Pregnant

Little Rose

Reaction score
Hi,
Before I found out I was pregnant, I was a keen cyclist and a "spin" fan. I have been avoiding both for the last number of weeks and am now becoming bored big time.

I hate swimming - any other ideas on a suitable form of exercise?
What are you guys doing?

Rose

Light jogging, walking, aquanatal classes, light cycling on an excercise bike and yoga with someone experienced (and knows your pregnant)?

x

hey! im a personal trainer and studio instructor, and ive carried on as normal, just not gone so intense with everything. i have a lady whos 36 weeks pregnant in my spin class, and she still comes! so stick with spin, just tell them youre pregnant and you have to take it easy! this lady has done spin for years so still just keepin on as normal, i have too, just be a bit more careful! x

yes love flexilexi spot on keep ur spinning up!!!x

This is great news! I've been duking everyone for the last number of weeks, making excuses so i'm wondering if anyone has caught on. I think i'll talk to the owner and make sure she is happy for me to be in her class. Yay!

hey! im a personal trainer and studio instructor, and ive carried on as normal, just not gone so intense with everything. i have a lady whos 36 weeks pregnant in my spin class, and she still comes! so stick with spin, just tell them youre pregnant and you have to take it easy! this lady has done spin for years so still just keepin on as normal, i have too, just be a bit more careful! x

Hey this explains why you haven't put much weight on hun!!! I might have to increase the exercise as well as decreasing the food! I used to do wi fit at home every day running on the spot and haven't done that at all since I got my BFP. Do you think it would be ok to carry on then if I take it easy? x

Hi Everyone,

We had a new Spin studio open in our town tonight, so i'm signed and ready to go on Monday evening.
I haven't done any exercise in 6 weeks since I got my BFP and can feel the difference big time.

Rose

I think that the general advice is you can carry on doing what you were doing before pregnancy, just need to adjust it so that its not high impact. Especially for your first trimester you dont really have to change anything - its only once you get later on you need to change things like you cant do stuff lying flat on your back.

Hey this explains why you haven't put much weight on hun!!! I might have to increase the exercise as well as decreasing the food! I used to do wi fit at home every day running on the spot and haven't done that at all since I got my BFP. Do you think it would be ok to carry on then if I take it easy? x

Yeah go for it, it's great for you to keep it up!! Yeah in that sense I'm pleased, just haven't got much of a bump compared to most! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back