Exercise while ttc

MummySmurf2b

Reaction score
Now I know that exercise is good for everyone, but I have read some info about exercise whilst ttc/pregnant and am now just confused!!

I was a keen runner up until about 12 months ago, but sort of stopped and became more of an occasional jogger! I have just rejoined my local running club, and to say that the going is tough is an understatement!! Is it safe to exercise at a level where I am out of breath, very hot and aching for around an hour? If by any chance I am pregnant I would hate to be doing something that isn't safe.

Reading that last bit back, I have no idea why I go!!!!!!!

Hi MummySurf,

I too was a runner (switched to jogging recently) and wanted to restart running. But my doc said arnd 3 miles a day should be ok and anything new should be avoided - just continue whatever your body is used to. So I guess it would be better to continue with jogging for now... good luck!

I agree jogging would be great, but maybe not hard core running. I have a friend who had to lower her amount of running while she was ttc as it was putting too much pressure on her uterus. I think the rule is stick to what you have been doing a while and know your body can handle. I started swimming last month and fell and I think the exercise definitely helped.

Good luck hun xxx

Last edited:
Thank you both, I think I can live with gentle exercise rather than torture anyway, it just means I have an excuse!

Congratulations taffyrose, I hope I am joining you soon!

Thank you, I'm keeping quite few seats warm over in tri 1 for the ttc girls so get your bum over there :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back