Exercise in the 2ww??

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi ladies

well i'm sure i'm not alone when i say that too many mince pies, snacks, crackers and drinks have been consumed over the festive period :pizza:

due to steroids and feeling better lately my appetite has gone through the roof - great timing at xmas :roll:

anyhoo, my OH is a gym bod and was on at me this morning to go to the gym with him. i'm 1dpo today so i dont' want to go as i don't want to 'move' anything :blush:

i felt really silly saying it to OH so made some lame excuse instead. am i being stupid? i have been ttc for 8 months now and have had a m/c before so i'm really keen to make sure i dont' do anything stupid to ruin my chances, but at the same time i'm putting on waayyy too much weight and really need to get some of it shifted, what do you all think and do?? xx

Exercise is fine in both 2ww and pregnancy hunny, just try not to over do it and increase gently. If you do go to the gym try walking on the treadmill or on the stepper and increase it from there x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks m2a - what about weights? do you know? he usually gets me lifting weights and doing the cross trainer?/ xx

The cross trainer on a low resistance will be fine hunny and light weights on your arms and legs should be fine, id personally avoid any sit up machines or anything that would put impact on your belly. If you speak to a personal trainer at the gym they may be able to set up a programme for you :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i think M2A is right, just stick to gentle exercise, no sit-up's.

I'm a runner and I was told it's ok as long as you're used to that same level of exercise before you conceived. And if you're not an exerciser to start with then do walking and swimming. Basically it's brill for you to exercise when TTC and preg just like the others said no sit-ups! It'll not move any bean. Think of ladies in third world who have to carry stuff for miles or work all day in fields and they do it til day they drop the baby! We're all nancy girls over here hehe!! Xxx

I do heavy weights a lot, squats, lunges, deadlifts etc... Think I'm gonna keep up with it until I get a BFP then not sure what to do. I hate cardio exercise lol so might just switch to lower weights? I love weights, really helps with my depression x

I think it's good advice to take things slow and build up even if you're not pregnant - gets your body used to the exercise

Hi Hun,

I've been avoiding the gym after OV for months for the same reason, but the time I got my BFP I was in the gym every day, boxing, weights the lot!

I'm going to listen to my own advice and carry on as normal in 2011, well i'm going to try!

You should just do easy things like the cross trainer or swimming, you will be fine.

xx

thanks ladies, i'm gonna go for the cross trainer and light weights, but all lightly as i would be really upset if i thought it had prevented anything, i know deep down that it won't its just psychological! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back