Excessive heartburn /gord ?????

Raquel24

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am desperatley fed up:( I am nearly 22 weeks gone and I have been feeling unwell for about a week now.

I have been lucky so far, no morning sickness despite feeling very sick. Anyway it started off with a cough and a pain in my chest.

I first thought was a chest infection, as time progressed so has my heartburn to the point of me not being eat/drink as much as I should, a costant burning in my throat and although I can swollow it feels like their is a lump below my throat that really hurts.

This is not allowing me to sleep or geting into any comfortable position despite taking on average 6 to 8 antacids a day and having lots of pillows.

Also I have spots breaking out in the inside of my mouth which I am rinsing with corsodyl could this be related ?

I will be ringing my gp first thing for an appointment, I just wondered if any of you are going through the same thing and could provide any useful tips?

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
hello! i had the same problem. morning sickness til about 18 weeks, and heartburn from the fires of hell! i basically just take a lot of gaviscon. you can get it on prescription, i find it really really helps. i take it before i eat and stuff, and sometimes if i cant sleep i just drink it out the bottle and have it on my bedside table! thats all the tips ive got really, and avoid food thats acidy that sets it off. i can drink milk and stuff and be ok, but blooming fruit sets it off! i eat fruit and just wash it down with gaviscon lol! not ideal but it does help. only bitch of doing that is i get a bit constipated with too much gaviscon. cant win! pregnancy eh! thank god its only 9 months long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back