• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Excercise

ZoeM

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone go to pilates?

I'm looking for back strengthening excercises that I can to whilst preggers. I have a bit of a weak lower back and used to go to exercie classes, which really hepled by back.

Obviously, they don't encourage you to do stomach crunches etc when your preggers, so I was wondering about what I could do instead.

I'm a bit worried about going into late pregnancy with a bad back to be honest.

Going to the docs tomorrow about a trapped nerve, so I'll ask.

Zo

Hiya, I go to pregnancy yoga, they do lots of really good back stretches at it that are suitable for pregnancy.

I still go to the gym and go swimming a few times a week. Its all fine as long as you are used to excersise. hardest bit for me is getting out of bed b4 work to go. swimming is v good for your back.

I have been doing pilates for the last couple of years and its fab for all your joints. My teacher advised me to take a break until I was over 16 weeks though cos of the pressure on your abdomen ( its all pelvic floor and tummy muscles) but she has lent me a fab book full of exercises for pregnancy called

'The Body Control Pilates Pregnancy Book' by Lynne Robinson

My teacher has also said she will teach me muscle releasing exercises to help with the birth when I get to 3rd tri.

If you can find a good teacher def give it try, my MIL found ours through her doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back