everything tastes awful today...

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure why but today I am having a nightmare trying to get rid of a taste in my mouth that is a bit metallic.. sort of like when you have a cold or flu and everything tastes a bit off.. I have not experienced this at all so far in pregnancy so why now??? Even strong crisps or chocolate does not get rid of it.. driving me mad!!

Could it be just a random symptom - I know it is a common one during pregnancy but I thought it was mainly during early pregnancy... anyone else developed it half way through? or is it that I have a cold coming?

Ta!

There are loads of colds around at the minute. Everyone I work with is coming down with something, so it could be the start of one.

I get the metallic taste in my mouth, but that then alerts me to the fact that my gums are pouring with blood! :shock: It might be worth you looking in a mirror next time you get it strong just to check.

hey Anna Marie

I have not had this myself but I have read about it.... its is how some people know they are pregnate at the beginning, like strong sense of smell and sickness.

Keely xxxx

Hi Anna Marie

I get this occasionally but like Tankett it is sometimes when my gums are bleeding

So far my gums are OK.. no sign of bleeding..

So far no cold arrived yet...

And still everything tastes awful!!!!

Am just eating a lovely chocolate, caramel shortbread square.. so yummy and sweet but tastes sooooo weird with this weird sensation. Shame it is not putting me off my food.. could do with cutting out the junk!!!! :angel: :angel:

Hunnie there is no specific times for you to experience things like that. Those signs have concept of time and can come and go at any point in your pregnancy! This wouldn't be anything to worry about but just one more thing you can write down that you have experienced during your pregnancy!!

xoxo Ree

Well it seems it affects sweet things less... its when I eat / drink savoury things that everything tastes awful!!

OH [bless him] :angel: cooked dinner for me last night.. pasta and veg.. all very healthy.. I managed 3 mouthfuls then had to leave it all as it just tasted foul.. I then devoured a tin of Ambrosia creamed rice.. YUMMMMMM and that went down a treat!!

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back