• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Evening Primrose Oil!

MJANEW1979

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering how i do the evening primrose oil thing to soften cervix? I'm taking 2 a day but heard you can put them up you. Do I put the capsule up me or piece it ans squirt? quite clueless about this one.

37 weeks and want to get things going! Not the patient type.

M xx

I was told to snip the tips off the capsules (2) and post em right up there. Got to be high enough though. Do so at bedtime and they dissolve overnight.

that sounds gross!! Do you have to stick your fingers right up?

Might try it tonight, have you been doing the perinium massage. I tried twice and gave up. Quite hard to do with a bump.

When are you due? xx

You have to get the capsules right up to your cervix yes. Otherwise its pointless.

And yup, been doing them every night since about 34/35 weeks now. Not the most pleasant of things but if it helps make me a bit more pliable there for labour then I don't mind.

I never bothered with the EPO tbh though. I did some reading and figured I'd leave that one alone. I'm already taking RLT and doing the massage etc.

Sorry to sound silly but what happens to the empty capsules? Do you place them up there and squeeze the oil out?

And what else can you use for the basic perineal massage? Is Olive oil ok or something like pure vitamin E better?

L xxx

Lisamj said:
Sorry to sound silly but what happens to the empty capsules? Do you place them up there and squeeze the oil out?

And what else can you use for the basic perineal massage? Is Olive oil ok or something like pure vitamin E better?

The EPO capsules simply dissolve as they would if you swallowed them.

And for the massage, olive oil, extra virgin or almond oil are all good. Just need to be doing it right (it'll hurt to start) and after about a week it gets easier and more pliable down there. Must keep doing it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back