eternity rings

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Following on from Charliebeths thread in tri 3 - i was wondering the tradition to do with eternity rings and being given one when the woman has a child -

Whats the guidelines on the man and woman being married or not - does anyone no?

:)

i dont knnow the specific guidelines but my hubby bought mine when we had our 1st baby. we werent married then. :hug:

I dont there is any "rules" as such... I got mine just before Christmas... we are married and Brian did want to get me one after Arianna was born, but this is the first one I have liked that would fit with my wedding band... it's a gold band with 7 diamonds round it...

DSC00109.jpg

My SIL had an eternity ring after their first child but they weren't married

Bams dad bought me an eternity ring, 2 weeks before we found out i was pregnant, 3 weeks before we finished ;)
Unmarried and not engaged..

I have an eternity ring that oh got me for christmas last year(not the one just gone) but i pretty much had to ask for it. You can get maternity rings but i havent seen any very pretty ones.

Dh got me an eternity ring when Aaron was born and we weren't married at that point.

looks like i may be in for a new ring, :cheer:

We're not married, not engaged but are living together and obv are having a baby :)

OH bought me an eternity ring for Christmas after we had been married almost a year and Jess was 5 months old. I never wear it though cos it went to tight :(

We're not married/engaged, but I've been hinting for one since LO was born but no luck yet :( lol

well im just going to tell him that when you have a baby, you seal it with an eternity ring!! See what he says. :)

Would you wear it on your wedding band finger if your not married or engaged to be married??

:?

UPDATE -

Well that was easier than i had expected, he had had a bad day at work, so i listened and hugged and then after his tea i just said

"um ya know when the baby is born, im supposed to have an eternity ring"
Him - "that's ok i'll buy you one"
Me - "it's supposed to be diamonds"
Him - "yeh that's ok, i just want you to no that i love you"
Me - "well that was easier than i was expecting, it's supposed to represent your eternal love for me"
Him - "That's very apt isnt it, was you expecting me to put up a fight"
Me - "I just thought i would have had to drop some more hints"
:rotfl: :cheer:

Looks like im in for a nice new ring :)

He was actually supposed to be getting me one for christmas but i couldnt be bothered queueing in the shops to get measured.

1sttimemum said:
UPDATE -

Well that was easier than i had expected, he had had a bad day at work, so i listened and hugged and then after his tea i just said

"um ya know when the baby is born, im supposed to have an eternity ring"
Him - "that's ok i'll buy you one"
Me - "it's supposed to be diamonds"
Him - "yeh that's ok, i just want you to no that i love you"
Me - "well that was easier than i was expecting, it's supposed to represent your eternal love for me"
Him - "That's very apt isnt it, was you expecting me to put up a fight"
Me - "I just thought i would have had to drop some more hints"
:rotfl: :cheer:

Looks like im in for a nice new ring :)

He was actually supposed to be getting me one for christmas but i couldnt be bothered queueing in the shops to get measured.

Brilliant hunny :cheer:
congrats its a vert sweet gesture :dance: :hug:
love to have one too cant get wedding ring will try for
eternity :think: :wink: :rotfl:

lol sarah :hug: :wave:

:cheer: :hug:

I told him not to propose to me whilst i was pregnant as i would forever think he only did it cos i was carrying his child and i didnt want it to be like that, i wanted him to marry me because he wanted to marry me lol.

I no he does but wont propose now due to me being pregnant lol.

XX

1sttimemum said:
well im just going to tell him that when you have a baby, you seal it with an eternity ring!! See what he says. :)

Would you wear it on your wedding band finger if your not married or engaged to be married??

:?

ive been hinting but think i need to spell it out like you :rotfl: men!!!

which finger will you wear it on?

I dont no!! :?

it was strangely easy - i was all ready with my "for" arguement and he was like yeh sure. :cheer:

Hvent discussed prices or anything yet :D

Will have to have a nosey at what is out there!

i just tried it and my answer was.....

that dont mean we have to the the m word does it? i cant even say it *laughing*

men!! he thinks he is hilarious

hmmmm mite b a change of heart

OH has obviously thought and came home from work today and asked what ring size i was and questions about eternity rings

maybe i mite get 1 after all :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back