Errrr, Hello! (recipe added as promised peeps!)

choklatemunky

Reaction score
:wave:
Hello fellow fatties (in a totally non-offensive, affectionate kinda way of course)
Oh dear, thats probably me off on the wrong foot already! :lol:

I'm bringing my bump in with you guys today - I feel like Im joining the class above me at school where all the other kids are bigger than me :rotfl:

I was gonna come bearing gifts, but, well....I made an oreo cheesecake the other day (totally PG friendly I might add, no raw eggs) but errr...... I kinda ate it all, so you will have to make do with a pic of someone elses version.....

images

I have to admit it was bloomin good! :D

Hope you are all doing well
I am really excited to be here! :D

Hi there :wave:
you are more than welcome and i only have one request, that is that you share that recipe with me :lol:

Hiya choklatemunky, its great to have you here. :cheer:

Its crazy we're already in 3rd tri, remember when we first found out we were pregnant, seems like yesterday. :shock: :D

Hey there!!

Welcome to 3rd tri, and PLEASE give me the recipe for Oreo Cheesecake... seriously! Have a bbq on Sunday - could try whipping one up.... :D

Hi :wave:
I've already had mine but errr cant seem to stay away :lol:

Charmed said:
Hiya choklatemunky, its great to have you here. :cheer:

Its crazy we're already in 3rd tri, remember when we first found out we were pregnant, seems like yesterday. :shock: :D

I know! I seem to have just run through 2nd Tri, barely stopping on the way!
I can't believe how quick its going!

The rest of you who want my cheesecake recipe - I'll write it out on here later......
I made the BIGGEST cheesecake in the world with it, so you might want to half the ingredients or something to get a 'normal' sized cheesecake......I just figured, I was eating for two, so I might as well make enough to go round :lol:

Welcome to 3rd tri :cheer: :cheer: Your pregnancy seems to be flying by

(and I want the recipe too!)

Hello!! :wave:

oooooh that looks sooo good!!!

welcome to 3rd tri sweety!!

xx

:wave: just did another :wave: to you in my post so double :wave:
definately must get that recipe! In fact thank goodness I've got Oreos in the cupboard cos' that's made me want them NOW!
Here's to a good Tri3 :cheer:

Righto girlies,
Thanks for the warm welcome..and here's the recipe as promised :D .

As I said, I made a big cake, so if you just want a normal sized round cheesecake then you might want to halve the ingredients or summink :think: ......I made mine in a huge deep tray about the size of an A4 sheet of paper!..... :D

OREO CHEESECAKE

You need.....

3 packs of oreos! (I think they are about 165g each)
2oz (55g) butter
3 packs of Philadelphia cream cheese (the big 300g pots!) I got them from Asda as they're on offer for £1 each
about 160g sugar (5.6oz)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

I also got a pack of birds eye sugar free topping (powder that you just whisk up with milk) and some chocolate sprinkles and mini oreos to decorate mine, but you could chop up a few oreos or just use sprinkles if you cant get the pots of mini ones (I only found them in sainsburys)

To make it.....

(Its best if you leave the cheese out of the fridge for a bit first as it makes the mixing up easier)

Turn the cookies into crumbs, filling and all (either in a blender/food processor, or if, like me you can't be bothered with cleaning that up after, then just bash em up in a sandwich bag with something hard, like a rolling pin, your DHs head etc - depends on your mood obviously :rotfl: - saves on washing up which for me is always a bonus!)

Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the crumbs til theyre all coated - they go kinda shiny looking

Press them hard into the bottom of whatever tin etc you're making it in so its all level and then bung in the fridge while you sort out the rest of it....

Beat the cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer (or like me, with a fork - just need a bit of elbow grease.... you need to make sure its all mixed well and there aren't any chunks of sugar and its not gritty) - can you see a pattern here........I never do things properly! :lol:

Bung that on top of the cookie base, put back in fridge for a while.

Make up the topping from the packet til it goes thick and spoon that out over the cheese layer - put in fridge to set properly for a few hours (and no cheating by sticking your finger in it to try it cos someone will complain when they get the strange shaped piece! :rotfl: ).

I put the mini oreos and choc sprinkles on at the last minute cos otherwise the little cookies go a bit soft.

mmmmmmmmmmm I wanna make antoher one already....You can obviously use different biscuits etc for different flavours. I am gonna try a lemon one next, and probably use ginger biscuits and put lemon juice in with the cheese. I'll decorate that one with the little jelly lemon slices you can get in the bakery aisles).

It's very easy - and there's no realy possibility of burning it as you don't have to bake it - another bonus for those of us with a serious case of PG brain!

I'm off to dream of other varieties I can make....... :sleep:

Welcome!!! :wave:

Thank you for the recipe, definately gonna make this asap, planing for a day when kids are at school & Hubby is at work, then I can eat it all!!!! :dance: :cheer:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: too funny welcome hunybunch :wave: ...well im sad i got left behind i could have had a munch on that scrummy cake :lol: !xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back