Ermmm now what?

Bee7

Reaction score
First official day of maternity leave and i'm already bored! I've done some washing and cleaning. And i have a midwife appointment this afternoon so that should kill a couple of hours...but literally have no idea what else to do! I know lots of other ladies have gone onto maternity leave recently, how are you all filling your time? xxx

Trust me you find things to do, and you get used to it very quickly lol. The days do seem to go quicker than I thought they would tbh. Then there's always a good film and chocolate to keep you company on quiet days :) xxxxxxxxx

im on maternity too, but unfortunately have lots to do as im in final year of uni so trying to do all my work asap as its due the week my baby is due :shakehead: and i wanna have a lot of rest before he arrives so my aim if to be complated by end of march :)

although i doubt it wil happen as i keep comin on here lol xx

Trust me you find things to do, and you get used to it very quickly lol. The days do seem to go quicker than I thought they would tbh. Then there's always a good film and chocolate to keep you company on quiet days :) xxxxxxxxx

i always find time for chocolate :) maternity or no maternity lol x

Films, biscuits, cups of tea, sleeping

:)

God this is the start of week 5 of my leave and I still have a massive list of things to do!!

I can always send sone jobs your way!

My first day too!! So far, got up late, pottered in nursery, read half a book on my kindle, washed some of bubs things and am just off to Sainsburys. Could get it delivered but figured the drive to the shop and mooch around the clothing department will kill a bit of time as well as get me off my backside!!! Have fixed in little things for each day to try and make it go a bit more quickly, like Thu am having hair cut, tomorrow off to Ikea etc. I feel fine so feel almost naughty not being at work - like I'm skiving!!

sleep...sleep...sleep..while you can!!!!

xx

It's boring isn't it?!? There's only so much cleaning, washing and ironing one can do!
Just got to join the waiting game with us, welcome :)

I have taken to having afternoon naps which kills a bit of time lol. Also had a rather eventful midwife appointment this afternoon which i've posted about in another thread so maybe i won't be waiting as long as i thought....:S x

Housework mainly - but I am also packing slowly as we are moving soon. I have also planned things in like meeting up with friends, car service etc to keep me occupied.

i have been trying to think ahead as know once he is here there is a chance im gonna forget to do things (e.g. im overdue now, and the MOT is due in April, so made sure last week i booked that in before it completely got forgotten- i only remembered the wk before it was due last year and i wasnt pregnant then lol).

Cooked couple big meals so could freeze some pots of them (my two fave curries), and thinking of cooking some spag bog to freeze.

Have written big to do list of things that i need to do (e.g. sort through cupboards/paperwork, book things in etc) and been very slowly going through them a little each day, and have also lounged in bed a few mornings, as wont get the chance for a few years!!!

Just treat it like you would normal annual leave, see it as a holiday rather than a waiting game, that can help. If u have friends who are off during the day book in some shopping/coffee time as that will be much harder in a few wks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back