Episiotomy scar

firstfreakout

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this so I guess here will do!

I had my son a year ago and I had an episiotomy and suction during the birth. The scar healed fine but occasionally it aches, not necessarily after sex or exercise but just at random times.

I'm now 9 weeks pregnant and the last few days I've been very aware of it, and today it's been pretty uncomfortable. It feels like a pinching and throbbing combined.

I'm assuming this is because of increased blood flow to the area, and I will mention it to the midwife and my GP when I next see them because I'd like to get some lidocaine to help with the uncomfortableness of it, but has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Is this something that is going to hurt occasionally for the rest of my life now? :(

Hey. I have an episiotomy scar. It will be from the increased blood flow. Mine was sore and played up for a bit after I had it and was healed. This is now like 16 years ago. I get no pain or discomfort at all with it and haven’t for years.
Hope the cream helps

I had one with my 6 year old and it did still ache especially period times after sex etc but since I've had my 2nd baby 5 months ago it hasn't . I had a 2nd degree year with her and she was a bigger baby.

Thanks, Loula. Did you find the natural tear was easier healing wise than the episiotomy? I found the epi to be absolute hell :(

Yes I healedmuch better 2nd time around.
With the episiotomy it was 2 weeks before I could go out walking this time it was a few days

Making a spritz with some lavender oil might help. I know it’s not a new wound but it might still work

Gosh healing from the episiotomy was hell. I'm glad to hear that your natural tear was a lot better.

Princess I remember bathing in a warm bath with some lavender essential oil when it was a fresh wound and it really helped. Might give it a try again if it starts getting uncomfortable again.

It hasn't hurt since so fingers crossed it won't be so bad throughout the pregnancy, and massive fingers crossed they'll never have to do one again >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back