epilepsy concert and being pregnant

pammie

Reaction score
Hi there

Not sure where to post this but i have epilepsy and just found out am pregnant which is all good and very happy about it. THing is am suppose to be going to a take that concert in cardiff in a few weeks (am sad i know). A few people have told me not to go as it could be dangerous for the baby and i dont want to do anything thats going to endanger the pregnancy. THe doctor hasnt been much help when i asked her if it was safe she just shrugged and said it was hard to say. I just dont know what to do. AM probably not going to go to the concert just incase, but want to have all the info before i tell my friends am not going.
so if anyone has any info relating to this subject i would really appreciate it
Pam xx

I went to an outdoor gig at the MK Bowl to see Oasis when I was 3 months pregnant and I was fine but had to make sure I drunk alot of water as it was scrochio! As long as you don't jump around like a nutter or drink then you should be fine hun! Have a good time!! xx

With regards to the epilepsy though, you have to avoid strobe lights don't you? Would it be worth ringing the place the gig is being held and asking if they will be using strobes? x

Thanks for your reply sami
I feel a bit more confident about going to the concert. My friend said she has some really dark sunglasses that should blok out the glare of the light 8) . My nurologist told me that as long as i dont drink alcohol and sit down and control my breathing when i feel like am gonna have a fit then i should be allright. (were in the seated section) He said there are different things that bring on my fits alcohol can bring them on but only when its mixed whith strobe lighting and over heating.
I wont be drinking as i cant with my medication and i will take your advice and make sure i have lots of water and wear the dark glasses plus it will still be light anyway coz its outside.
Plus the two girls am going with are nurses and they have vowed not to drink if i go well until the concert is over at least haha
thanks again sami
pam xxxx

I think you should be fine if its in the seated area, someone else on here is going to a concert soon i think or has been she got a seated area too.

have a nice time!!

That's great hun, glad you're going! I'm off to see Madness in December (My fave band in the world, gotta love 80's ska!) and we're TTC in October so I might be pg for that gig too.

Have a wicked time, and for the record, I hated Take That when they were about, but you have to go and see the ledgends! We were goonna go for a laugh! xxx

I was a huge take that fan. embarasing eh! :oops:
i cringe every time i tell someone how bad i actually was. Floor to ceiling posters badges etc. I use to know every dance routine and every word to there songs right down to the ooohhh ahhhs.
My oh thinks its hilarious.
Happy to say i can control my self now and have a different taste in music not just boy bands.
Although i am having strange dreams about going into work and giving robbie williams a bed bath. :shock:
Telling my oh its not a fantasy dream but a strange dream due to pregnancy ! Think he believes me.
:lol:

IM 21 weeks pregnant hun and i took my dad to a Bryan Adams concert on the 6th. I was in the seated area, drank plenty of water etc and everything was fine.

Your GP sounds like a muppet, how unhelpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back