Enough baby clothes????

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
Ok so here is a list of what we already have!! Do we have enough now or do you think we need more??

Vests - NB 18 - 0-3 9
Sleep suits / PJ's - NB 6 - 0-3 8
Trousers - NB 2 - 0-3 5
Leggings - NB 1 - 0-3 2
Trouser suits - NB 3 - 0-3 2
Dress / skirt suits - NB 1 - 0-3 1
Dresses - NB 6 - 0-3 7
Skirts - 0-3 2
Tops - NB 6 - 0-3 13
Cardigans - NB 3 - 0-3 2 (no doubt gran will be knitting some)
Coats - NB 2
Bibs - 12
Pants - 0-3 4
Socks - 0-0 13
Tights - 0-3 6 - 0-6 2
Scratch mitts - xs 4
Booties - NB 2 - 0-3 4
Shoes - NB 1 - 0-3 4
Hats - NB 5 - 0-3 2

Looks like plenty to me, ur Lo will have a larger wardrobe than me lol

I would probably buy just one extra pack of newborn sleepsuits. You'll put your baby in them more than you plan to more than likely and you could go through 3 a day is they're a bit sicky (I had a very sicky baby).

Look like you're very organised though :)

Looks great but make sure you have plenty of sleepsuits - like 15 + its amazing how many times you need to change a newborn when they have pooped and puked on themselves.

Also sleepsuits are so practical during day and night and quick to change and wash etc.

I think its possible that you have more clothes than i do! I was so proud of myself for the amount i'd bought, right up until i went to sort through things so only newborn and 0-3 were the only ones in the cupboard and the rest put away. I had this ingenious idea that i would buy bigger too so that if i was short on money on leave (turns out i was right, since i haven't been paid!). At this point, i realised that i had about 9 items in total to cover upto 3 months :lol: Que frantic shopping!!!

Blimey, I feel under prepared now! Have got no where near that much! Well done you for being prepared!xx

Damn! My OH is going to hate you! More shopping for me! I was planning on buying most of my extra sleepsuits and vests in newborn size just before he's due, so if he's big or we don't use them we can take them back and swap them for a bigger size we will use.

I keep writing lists of what I have (think it's my way of starting my nesting..... I dont do cleaning! That's OH's forte!) Might make a spread sheet of baby stuff! Ooooo project!

That sounds like a good idea pinky! I love my excel spreadsheets! LOL x

Lillianne has more stuff then me too girls :) as you can see we kinda got a little excited when we found out we was having a little lady!!
So just more sleep suits, thanks girls :) x x

I have one sleepsuit and a pair of socks :p

I'm kind of planning to wait as long as possible to see what we get in gifts and stuff, and then buy whatever extra we need... But I'm sure once we've had the 20 week scan and know if it's a boy or girl it will be impossible not to start buying some things! :p

Good for you for having everything so planned out and organized though! :)

My baby has precisely zero items of clothing :faint: so yeah, you are doing very well :rofl: x

I have loads of vests but def need more sleepsuits!

You'll be surprised how long they normally stay in newborn. My LO was in tiny baby for about 3 weeks (she was 15 days late) and in newborn until almost 8 weeks.

Obv some babies grow out of them really quickly but Id say a majority are in newborn for a fair amount of time to warrent extra sleepsuits and vests. They just get dirty so quickly!

Thanks girls. How many towels will I need?? Not got any yet! X x x

You'll be surprised how long they normally stay in newborn. My LO was in tiny baby for about 3 weeks (she was 15 days late) and in newborn until almost 8 weeks.

Obv some babies grow out of them really quickly but Id say a majority are in newborn for a fair amount of time to warrent extra sleepsuits and vests. They just get dirty so quickly!

Totally agree with this! Everyone told me not to get much newborn stuff but I had to buy extra stuff when age was born. Her newborn stuff lasted about 4 weeks and she's nearly 4 months and can still get into her 0-3.

I only had 5 towels at first, got more when she was born, think I have about 10.

X x x x

Totally agree with this! Everyone told me not to get much newborn stuff but I had to buy extra stuff when age was born. Her newborn stuff lasted about 4 weeks and she's nearly 4 months and can still get into her 0-3.

I only had 5 towels at first, got more when she was born, think I have about 10.

X x x x

I told my hubby that we had got enough clothes now and his reply was 'I would rather have to much than not enough! If we see something & we like it, we will buy it' ......I'm not arguing with that :)

Wow 10?? I was thinking 3 or 4! I better start buying some! X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back