engagement question

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi

Ok thought this would be interesting to find out. In my area fully engaged has always been 5/5 but someone I spoke to today said that her midwife works on the other scale of fully engaged being 1/5 so my question is for those women who's babes have started to engage what way does your health professional work????

My GP used the palpable method, so 5/5 palapable meaning the baby wasn't engaged at all and the MW used the other method so 0/5 meaning the same thing. It is very confusing, especially for heavily pregnant women!

I'm now just a big capital E though as baby is fully engaged :dance:

Alex xxx

I was wondering the same thing, my notes from the consultant said 5/5 which I took to be engaged, but my 2 midwife appointments since has proved not at all, maybe I need to be looking for 1/5?

Back at the hospital for the consultant tomorrow, so will ask them then.

bowmanzoo said:
Hi

Ok thought this would be interesting to find out. In my area fully engaged has always been 5/5 but someone I spoke to today said that her midwife works on the other scale of fully engaged being 1/5 so my question is for those women who's babes have started to engage what way does your health professional work????

Hee hee that was me causing you all that confusion! I was working on the assumption 5/5 was fully engaged too but my MW works the other way. I have been 3/5 for 6 weeks and then last week was 2/5 and I said oh not 4/5 and she said no 2/5 nearlly there not much room.

My midwife also works on the palpable method... i.e.how much of the head can still be felt. It still confuses me though :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back