Encouraging the baby to turn the "right" way?

i.love

Reaction score
I had my 28w appointment today, and the baby seems to be breached.

I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to encourage him to turn? I heard you need to try to sit straight (or bending slightly forward) more. Any other tips and tricks?

theres plenty of time for it to turn i promise had the same conversation yesterday at scan x

Still plenty of time to move, think mine is lying across the way just now!

Plenty of time for LO to turn. My LO has been breech for 10 weeks now... I'm hoping he turns soon, he's headbutting my ribs all the time and I'm in agony! :pray:

xx

I hope so... I'm not panicking or anything, just thinking that if there is something simple I could do to make him turn, then why not give it a try!

I got told to drink lots of water and then go swimming and once in the water really dive down (if that makes sense)

Not that I shd be givin out this advice but still that was the easiest for me. That n all 4s with your elbows on floor.... But this was really uncomfy!!

Fingers crossed
X

Lynseysg I also read about standing on all fours... The diving advice sounds a bit weird, but I guess it makes sense :) I don't think I will be doing that though - it's not very easy to get to a swimming pool for me. And diving.... sounds kinda scary :) xx

babe, you should remember this.... breached or engaged.. You can have natural birth while the baby is breech.. dont let this doctors worry you too much.. my mum had my brother all natural while he was breech..so relax and you have more time babe,,, walk around

I go yoga and they say lean over a chair and rock your hips from side to side, go on all 4s and do a figure of 8 motion, sleep on your left hand side, swim but only on your front and their are some things like reflexology that are supposed to help but you have a long while left for your baby to turn xx

saraian26 what did you do with the ball?... Just sit/bounce on it?

AyeshaD, I know it is possible, but very risky..

Coco pops thanks, that sounds like an easy thing to do, I might give it a try!

Hi hun. At 28 weeks, pickle was breach, at 31, he or she had turned. I hadn't done anything.

They still have a few more weeks of being able to move!

EmmBee could you feel it happening? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back