EMLA CREAM

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
I have just got hold of some emla cream in anticapation of my dreaded blood test tomorrow, but it hasn't come with the patch. Has anyone else used this stuff and do you know if you can apply it without the patch?

thanks

Just put the cream on and cover it with some clingfilm stuck down with tape. That should do the trick OK. Good luck!

Alice (theatre nurse)

Yep, I used clingfilm, but can I add that you should use micropore tape if you have it (less painful when ripping it off!)

Keep the cream nice and cold and give it at least 45 mins-1hr to take full effect. Good Luck!! :D

Erm is this the cream that is used in hospitals for making you numb so you dont feel needles?? or am I completly wrong?

The reason I ask is cause I have always had that stuff in hospital case I hate needles. And when I went to have a tattoo done a while ago I asked why they didnt give the option of using this cream for tattooing? he said the reason why is because on of the ingredience is a form of cocaine, and in order to have it and administer it you should be a qualified physician. Have you actaully checked that it is okay to use this cream during pregnancy?

Not sure if your thinking of the right cream hun this one can be brought over the counter and is ok to be used by mums to be.
In fact a few ladies on here have had it prescribed. I mentioned about it to my midwife today and she said that when I go for my bloods I can request so I should imagine its ok.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back