Emily Paige - 23rd March 2007

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Emily Paige was born on 23rd March 2007 at 11:00am; she weighed 8lb 4oz and was 53cm long.

It was Wednesday 21st March and I was due to go into hospital to be induced because I was 12 days overdue. I was really excited because I knew I would he holding my baby very soon.
I got to the hospital at 4pm and was sent up to the maternity ward and was put on a monitor for about 30 minutes, everything was fine and we waited for the doctor, she arrived at 7pm and did and internal examination and told me there was no change since I had a membrane sweep on the Monday so she put some of that gel up and OMG it burnt!
I was put back on the monitor and I was really uncomfortable because I was getting really bad back ache and I was burning up (down there).

At 8pm my mum and DF went home as visiting time was over and I just watched TV and went to bed although my back was aching really badly.

At 7am n the morning the midwife came and did another internal examination to see if there was any change but nothing, I was so mad! She gave me some more gel, which didn’t hurt as much and put me back on the monitor, I could see I was having irregular small contractions, but id felt these 'tightenings' for the past week.

My mum arrived at 12pm and still nothing was happening except my back ache had got worse. At about 2pm another doctor came and did an internal (again :roll: ) and he told me he could break my waters but id probably have a long labour so he gave me some more gel and he said that I could go up to delivery suite at 8pm and have my waters broken.
Anyway 8pm arrived and I got told the delivery suite was too busy and they’d check again at 10pm to see if I could go up. At 10pm the midwife came and told me they were still too busy so I would have to wait until morning :cry: I was really upset and cried because I was fed up with waiting and had been having painful tightening all day and had really bad back ache.

My mum went home at 10pm and I was left on my own. I watched a little TV and tried to get some sleep but the pain was keeping me awake. I was slowly drifting in and out of sleep and at about 1am I felt a little pop and suddenly felt really wet, I thought I had wet myself at first but then realised there was well too much, I called for the midwife who came to help me and I got changed. I kept asking her to ring my mum but she kept saying no and I was too scared to fight back at her. My contractions now started and they were unbearable, I can’t remember what the pain was like but I know it was really really bad. The midwife took me into the day room and I sat on a birthing ball for a bit up when I stood up more water came out and it went everywhere, I was so embarrassed. I got changed again into one of their gowns when I came out the bathroom I was crying as the pain was so bad and begged the midwife to ring my mum because the pain was unbearable, so she did and I walked around while my mum and DF came up.

When they arrived we went up to the delivery suite and I kept begging my mum to put me to sleep lol
I needed to have one of those things to make me go to the toilet because I hadn’t been all day, I was in so much pain that all my inhibitions went and after she gave me this stuff, it worked straight away and as I was sat on the toilet I was screaming because of the pain.

I then asked for an epidural (even though I was adamant I wasn’t going to have one lol) and as I had that I had to keep perfectly still no matter how painful it was. I remember hitting out at my DF and the midwife shouted at me lol. It didn’t take look for the epidural to work and I was soon pain free but still kept on with my gas and air because I still had pretty bad back ache.

I don’t remember much after this because I was so tired and high off gas and air I kept drifting in and out of sleep.

At about 10:40am I was ready to push and so they turned my epidural off and put me on a drip to speed up my contractions. I was only pushing for about 20 minutes but I didn’t have any breaks because my contractions were seconds apart, but only a little bit painful because the epidural was still having an effect.

At 11:00am my beautiful daughter was born, she was still covered in the white stuff which comes off at about 38weeks, the midwife said she wasn’t overdue and that they must have got my dates wrong! When they pulled out my placenta I remember my stomach caving in, it was such a weird sensation. Unfortunately I had a 2nd degree tear and had to have it stitched up and had lost quite a lot of blood but everything was ok, my daughter was perfect!

I was totally overwhelmed when I was passed my daughter and started crying, she is so beautiful and has so much hair! The pain I had was worth it in the end, but I won’t be doing it again anytime soon!

untitled-1.jpg

she is gorgeous...

Thanks for shring your story
congratulations :hug:

what a beautiful girl you have, well done. hope you enjoying your little girl xx :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done you that was a long old labour. She's totally gorgeous and boy what a fabulous load of hair :D

well done u!! bootyful baby girl, gonna break hearts!!!

Aw she's absolutely gorgeous. A huge Congratulations to you and your DF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back