Emergency food

VikkiR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's any baby food, other than porridge you could, in an emergency, just add hot water to? I make lo's food, but we're going on holiday in 3 weeks and wondered if there was such a thing in case we get caught short for whatever reason? Thanks x

Last edited:
yep heinz do a powdered baby food range in packets the same as their porridge and breakfast cereals. I always keep some in the cupboard just incase

Fab, thanks, I'll pack some just in case xxxx

Yeah they are good the Heinz ones. H loves the broccoli and cauliflower cheese one. X

Yeah they are good the Heinz ones. H loves the broccoli and cauliflower cheese one. X

so does my lo lol this flavour is very handy to add her formula to if she's having a low intake day cos she'll always take about 100-120mls worth when mixed with formula sneaky way of getting her intake up lol naughty mummy x

Ella's kitchen Do pouches And you don't need to add anything to them I've tried them and there great for when your out and about

Ella's kitchen Do pouches And you don't need to add anything to them I've tried them and there great for when your out and about

I thought about that but wouldn't be able to warm them up x

I thought about that but wouldn't be able to warm them up x

You dont really need to warm.them up, my lo takes room temp. You can always plonk a pouch in some warm water in a glass and hey presto.
My lo likes Plum brand

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I'll have a look and see what there is, thanks, also need to check to see if there are any restrictions re customs about taking foodstuffs in/out of the country, mind you just thought, wouldn't the pouches freeze in the plane hold?

You can place the pouches in hot water to warm them :)

Gonna be struggling with the hot water in a jug/bowl as we're going on a cruise, kettles not allowed in cabins for H&S reasons. Arranged to have freshly boiled water in a flask so that we can make up the comfort milk as Aptamil don't do ready made comfort. Might struggle to get hot water/jugs from the restaurants other than at breakfast though. I'm hoping we won't need to use the packet food as there should be enough selection of fresh we can mash but don't want to get caught short xx

You can fly with pouches in hold or hand luggage as long as its sealed as its not liquid. I have passed security several times without a problem. Can have baby milk in hand luggage also but maybe required to open a third of cartons to taste them if carrying them so only take what u need and have empty sterile bottle to pour open carton into. Wouldn't of thought they would freeze as dogs etc and other animals are flown in the hold compartment, so surely not that cold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back