em hey im new ... and a guy lol so be nice :)

LPx

Reaction score
Hey Im 17 and my girlfriend is 16 we recently thought she was pregnant and got really used to the idea. But after taking the test and seeing that she wasn't we were both pretty disappointed and have now started trying for a baby. We have thought about it long and hard and its what we want(so please dont give us the usual too young or its really hard talk, cheers :wink: ) and decided it would be nice to talk to people on this forum. So just saying hi nice to meet use all :wave: and hopefully talk to use soon.

TTC :cheer:

Hi

Nice to meet you. My dad was 17 when my brother was born and 19 when i was born. He was a great dad so no hard talking from me. He did tell me however, that it retrosopect, it might have been too early BUT he did a fab job!!

Sarah

Cool thanks a lot. I should also hopefully have a healthy income lol(if all goes well). You got any getting pregnant tips? ^_^

There are loads of tips on here. The basic ones are.

1. Find out when your girlfriend ovulates. It is sometimes around 14 days before her next period is due to start. You can get cheap testers from ebay which tell you if she is ovulating.

2. Have sex from a few days before you gf is due to ovulate until a few days after.

3. I would say make sure she starts to take folc acid NOW.

4. Maybe start to take it easy on the alcohol front and if you smoke its best to stop.

Thats the basics i think

Thanks did 1,2 & 4 lol. Whats the folic acid for? And what foods would i find it in?

Hi

You can google Folic Acid and loads of info will come up. Its in beans etc but really she needs to start taking the tablets now before she gets pregnancy. It can reduce the chance of any future day having spina bifida by a whopping 70%. So all docs recommend when you start thinking of ttc you take it.

I have had personal experience of this. I had a pregnancy that i had to end as my baby had bad spina bifida. So please it is a real problem and it does happen to people. Its only a few pence from boots and well worth it.

Sarah

Thanks a lot we'll definetly start gettin them. Im really sorry for you, and good luck this time round. :)

Thanks. I dont want to keep going on about my loss for any kind of sypathy just to make sure everyone knows that it can happen. So folic acid is a must.

Sarah

We've already checked prices on the boots site and shall be purchasing it today ;) thanks sarah.

hiya just want to say welcome to you both :wave: not gonna give you that 'too young' crap as me and DF are only 19 and 21!

you too been together long?!? :hug:

:wave: Hiya i fell pg @ 16 with my bf in the 1st month of us being together! Im now a proud mummy to my son Taylor, my tip is enjoy what ur doing and dont think what your doing it for! Have the best relationship possible and eventually it will happen! Im glad ur a bloke you dont get baby making from a male perception!Good Luck!

yeah, we will. we know that ppl mite think we're stupid, but we are 100% sure this is what we want. no doubts whatsoever. thanks for replying everyone's been very nice so far :)

:wave: Welcome! Ask away...you'll always find someone with the answer on here! I've only recently started posting and have been made more than welcome.

nice 2 know somebody was about the same age as us and havin a baby on here... thought we would be a little too young to fit in lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back