electricity bill

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
my sister got a quarterly bill for £410 :shock: :shock: she is very wastefull which im always getting onto her about, but even so, £410??!!!!!!

We pay about £120 per quarter with a fixed monthly direct debit and it works out about right (either just in credit or debit by a few pounds)

It got me thinking that i dont really know what the average bill is, i might be spending loads too.

How much do you pay for your quarterly or monthly electricity? What should my sister do because i cannot believe that she ran up a £410 bill (even if she does leave her lights on and the telly and the heater... :wall:

I pay £30 a month by direct debit... which i think is quite good :)

I'm changin to quaterly soon tho

I used to pay £20 a month on electricity budget card.....

but I was really naughty and didn't pay for ages and ages and ran up a really huge (approx £400) bill, and couldn't pay it.

So they came and installed a token meter instead, so now we buy tokens from the post office to stick in the meter.

Whilst our boiler wasn't working, we were using electric heaters and they cost an absolute fortune to run, so we were spending £30 a week on tokens.

Now though, our boiler is fixed so we don't have to rely on the electric heaters, and we put in £10 a week of tokens - much better :)

tangerinedream said:
How much do you pay for your quarterly or monthly electricity? What should my sister do because i cannot believe that she ran up a £410 bill (even if she does leave her lights on and the telly and the heater... :wall:

Could your sister not buy energy savin light blubs i use them and they save loads of electricity :)

I'm on a key meter as there was one in the flat when i moved in and we use about £50 a month but i do tend to have the air con on quite a bit even in winter and we are really bad for leaving the tv on stand by the ceiling fans are always on not to mention the desk top comp, i do turn my lap top off tho lol :oops:
My gas is £30 a month D/D but i'm in WAY loads of credit with that so have stopped the payments and will wait for a bill.

I pay £30 a week to cover what we use, they say the average for a house of 3 beds etc is £65 a month, i got my bill but hadnt been paying and mine was £764 :oops: for the year, ive had to have a meter put in because theres no way i can pay it all just like that..

but i think a meter is so much better, weve had it for 2 months now and already put £125 in it, but at least we know there will be no bills at the end of the year! :hug:

nic & keeley said:
Could your sister not buy energy savin light blubs i use them and they save loads of electricity :)

She claims that she does use them, she says she only leaves one light on but i dont believe her.

she uses those little fan heaters which i always tell her eat electricity up, she should use her convection heater but she just ignores everything i say, then moans at me later when shes having to face the concequences :wall:

sisters are like that lmao doesnt matter what the reasons eventually she'll come to realise your right lol

we have a key meter it was already here when we moved in and would of cost £50 to remove, we put in about 10 pounds a week and my kids leave all electrical appliances on at all times lol so pretty pleased with this amount

i dont know where we go wrong :( my electric is £64 per month and gas is £69 per month and we are in a 2 bed house :? it has gone up so much since changing provider to British Gas, i am looing into changing provider again.

sunshinestars said:
I pay £30 a week to cover what we use, they say the average for a house of 3 beds etc is £65 a month, i got my bill but hadnt been paying and mine was £764 :oops: for the year, ive had to have a meter put in because theres no way i can pay it all just like that..

but i think a meter is so much better, weve had it for 2 months now and already put £125 in it, but at least we know there will be no bills at the end of the year! :hug:

the average for a 3 bed terrace is £35

We are just awaiting a huge rebate

Ours was £180 for the last quarter....the coldest quarter.....& we are ALL electric. I've just changed to British Gas account that is managed online....and the unit cost is 2/3 of what we used tp pay so hope that helps lower the bills too (we're in a 2 bed apartment).

mine is 110 -ish every quarter. We only pay after the 3rd reminder arrives lol

Mine is £50 a month for a studio flat! and I can't get it any cheaper.

I don't have gas and have a shitty storage heater that doesn't do anything apart from waste electricity

My OH moving in hasn't helped - he's the type to have the tv, laptop and everything else on at the same time

Bee said:
Mine is £50 a month for a studio flat! and I can't get it any cheaper.

I don't have gas and have a sh*tty storage heater that doesn't do anything apart from waste electricity

My OH moving in hasn't helped - he's the type to have the tv, laptop and everything else on at the same time

Cor blimey storage heaters are so expensive. In my old 2 bedroom flat we had a storage heater in every room! They took forever to heat up and when they did you had already loads of money. It was horrible in the winter.

We pay 54 month for electric and on out last bill we still owed them money so it should be a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back